Thread: Max Starks says he'll be ready by the regular season opener

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Max Starks says he'll be ready by the regular season opener

Was watching twitter today and one came across from Ken Laird and CBSSportsNFLPIT on Max Starks and when he thinks he'll be ready to play.

@CBSSportsNFLPIT: Max Starks predicted he'd be able to play in theoretical reg-season game at "the end of August."That means (he thinks) he'll be 100% in 3wks

@Ken_Laird: Starks: "I feel like I'm coming along nicely... I don't want there to be a doubt when I come back that I'm at full speed" #Steelers

@Ken_Laird: #Steelers T Max Starks: "You want to give [the knee] time to make sure it's sturdy. We take on a lot of force... push, hold, & re-direct"

@DVEMike asked Max Starks what Mike Adams' injury has done to the tackle position "It creates some situations" #Steelers

Does anyone else get the feeling that he's trying to rush back now that Adams is hurt? He says in those tweets that he wants to make sure he's 100%, and that's good but you also think he's going to push himself a bit more now. Let's hope it doesn't turn out to lengthen that injury.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Re: Max Starks says he'll be ready by the regular season opener

LATROBE – Steelers offensive line coach Sean Kugler said Saturday that Marcus Gilbert was only receiving emergency training at left tackle and that Kugler’s looking instead to Max Starks to play that position on opening day, if healthy.

Yesterday, Starks confirmed that he expects to be healthy by opening day, September 9, and could probably play earlier if he had to. “If it was the end of August I would probably be able to do it,” said Starks, who’s on the PUP list rehabbing a torn ACL suffered in last season’s playoff loss in Denver.

Of course, Starks has experience with late activations. Last season he was signed on a Tuesday night after the fourth game of the season – a game in which Ben Roethlisberger was sacked five times – and he played the following Sunday and the 12 thereafter.

Yesterday Starks appeared fit and was optimistic about his recovery.

“I feel good,” he said. “We’ve been running every day when we’re out on the field, so everything’s felt good. I haven’t really had any setbacks or any type of swelling or anything. I feel like I’m getting along there. We’re doing more agility stuff and more position-specific work, so we’ll see when Dr. (Jim) Bradley gets up here what his assessment is and see if I can do something limited, at least do something individual. We’ll see.”

Kugler said he’s been paying close attention to Starks’s recovery, made all the more important by the injury to Michael Adams. When asked to share any information on Starks’s recovery, all Kugler would say was, “He’s working his *** off.”

Starks heard the comment and patted his rump.

“Well, it hasn’t gotten any smaller,” he said with a laugh.

http://pit.scout.com/2/1210868.html

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

Thread Information