Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ramon Foster doing all he can to make the roster

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Ramon Foster doing all he can to make the roster

Yeah it's a bit early to be talking about guys like this since the season hasn't started but based on his past performance and now that they've moved him to RT for the time being, he's showing his value to the team again. He knows DeCastro was drafted to be the next great RG and Adams the next LT but he's still out there scrappin. One thing you can say about him, he's been healthy and he's willing to do whatever he has to do.

Tomlin always mixes up the starting groups in practice so you can't read into who's doing what too much, but if Foster can hold down that RT spot for awhile if Adams takes longer to come back they'll be a better team for it.

Bob Labriola said the other day after practice that he was talking to Ramon and asked him about camp and what he thinks of DeCastro at RG, etc. He told him that he just wants to win a championship and will play wherever they tell him. That's the same type of attitude and ability that's kept Doug Legursky and Trai Essex on the roster so I think he's doing all he can do right now to make this team.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Foster is one of those guys you need on your team, he's a gamer and a scrapper. Doesn't do anything flashy but is solid. Legursky and Foster are both invaluable on a team that has more injuries every year than you can shake a stick at.

On the flip side, his versatility makes him valuable as a backup but not necessarily as a starter now that they have DeCastro and Colon at the Guards.

Rookie Free Agent
    He has a good attitude too. Willing to do whatever it takes to win a championship.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He's not the long term answer at RT but as a stop gap and somebody else to fill in when a player goes down is good. Last year Legursky was the first one to go in, the Pouncey would be in and out and he'd have to shuffle over to Center and have someone else come in. Disrupting 2 positions at a time just caused a disaster. Since Foster can play both Guard spots and RT too they'll have some options.

hes essentially a poor mans willie colon, profiles as a guard but could certainly play RT in a pinch. I like that they are moving him around, hes a valuable backup for us. Not starting material and probably never will be but hes a guy that could stick around for a while

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think that's pretty much the only option they have right now personally. they don't want him on the left side and the rest of the tackles on the roster are all young backups, not near ready to start for any significant length of time. As long as Starks comes back though, Gilbert can go back to the right side but if he can't then atleast Foster can fill in for awhile.

Banned
    I believe this was mentioned elsewhere...Foster was not so hot against the Eagles. I think his saving grace was the relative bad play by DeCastro and Adams. Of course, I don't have my panties in a wad like some. It was the first game action for these guys, PEOPLE!

Ryan Lee is rising...

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Ryan Lee is rising...
    he was certainly our best backup olineman once the starters were out

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    he was certainly our best backup olineman once the starters were out
    Strength and Speed he has, it was good to see he had good smarts and a motor... Steelers Depot rated him as the third best OL in the game. I know it was 3rd and 4th qtr. but after watching Beachum not have his head in the game and not as strong. Lee is a possible blessing for this team.. A strong a$$ LG/C

Thread Information