Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tom Shaw says Wallace's report to the Steelers "has to be soon"...doesn't want $100 million

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Tom Shaw says Wallace's report to the Steelers "has to be soon"...doesn't want $100 million

Tom Shaw, the same trainer that works with cornerback Ike Taylor has given us some additional information on the Wallace saga. Per an article in the Pittsburgh Tribune Review by Alan Robinson on Friday afternoon, he says the following in this excerpt:

“He’s fast as lightning right now,” said Tom Shaw, who works with players such as Patriots quarterback Tom Brady and Steelers cornerback Ike Taylor at the Disney Wide World of Sports complex in Orlando, Fla. “He’s not going to put himself in a bad situation (conditioning-wise) so that he couldn’t play in the first game.”

Shaw also told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday that the unsigned Wallace “is lifting, running, jumping, catching the ball — the same things he would be doing if he were in camp, except not he’s not getting hit.”
    Shaw said Wallace won’t talk to the media until he reports to camp, which, he said, “has got to be pretty soon. (The Steelers) aren’t just going to let him sit out there.”

Wallace is remaining silent, Shaw said, “because he gets mad when people write things that are totally false. He doesn’t want a $100 million contract, a $50 million contract. He’s never told anybody that. He knows the Steelers aren’t talking, and he’s not talking.”

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I will say this, when he does show up if he's even faster then he was before he's going to beast all over everybody. Assuming he shows up soon enough to get his timing down with Ben to start the year, otherwise it will take time.

I was just about to post this. I really hope he reports soon. I hold out hope that the relationship isn't irrevocably damaged. I still pray for a long term deal...

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I was just about to post this. I really hope he reports soon. I hold out hope that the relationship isn't irrevocably damaged. I still pray for a long term deal...
    I'm with you Big T.......Wallace isn't Megatron or Fitz and I never expected him to be.....But Wallace is still damn good and very important to the Steelers offense........Top 10 NFL WR for sure in my opinion.....

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    [COLOR=#2C2B2B][FONT=arial]Shaw also told the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review on Friday that the unsigned Wallace “is lifting, running, jumping, catching the ball
    He could lift, run and jump until he's blue in the face. He's still not learning the new system, he's still not establishing timing with the O and especially his QB and he's still not getting in football practice and game time. Shaw can talk all he likes (and he's got skin in this don't forget), but there's no substitute for actually being in camp.

So now his trainer is his agent? F that, Mike needs to put his feelings aside and get to work, you know his job...

My Mood
    Pimp
    I keep hearing reports from "sources inside the steelers" that it's gonna be mid-August. I mean why report earlier. It doesn't take much to run straight down the field catch the ball and score...right?!? Lol...

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think if he shows up before the regular season they'll put aside any hard feelings and work things out with him. For all we know the reports saying that the damage is already done are alittle over exaggerated. If he starts holding out when the regular season is under way then it gets to the point where who knows if anything will ever get done long term.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    This is what I"ve been saying for three weeks. Now that the trainer has said it, maybe the nay sayers will be quiet.

Coming in here late, trying to catch up to the rest of the team can lead to injury. And it happens often to players.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Sorry Blitz, didn't see your thread when I posted this in the other topic! RealDeal: what in this article supports what you've said about Wallace?

Thread Information