Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Steelers Studs and Duds - vs Eagles

Bookmark and Share
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they just didnt have any chemistry, everyone clearly wasnt on the same page.

keep in mind the steelers probably havent had much practice against a wide 9 scheme either
    I hear ya Train.

At least now everyone knows now the areas they need to work on. Because it's all on film. Hahahaha. Tomlin can specifically rack them over the cols about their blunders and mistakes. I bet by the 3rd pre-season game, they'll be light years better then what we saw last night.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    This.......I agree Train, I didn't expect the Steelers OL to come and just dominate from the jump.....They need time to work together as a unit.....One of the biggest keys to an offensive line is working in sync with each other.....Really I don't expect the Steelers OL to be fully in sync with each other until mid-season......
    That's assuming they can all stay healthy and work together every week. As talented as this group is on paper, we can't afford that musical chairs rotation every game and expect to have any type of decent line.

So far Adams' injury doesn't appear to be serious and let's hope it stays that way. He needs all the reps he can get in the preseason because the competition starting in week 1 is going to be seriously upgraded.

My Mood
    Pimp
    The other thing about the game is you have to remember that these guys don't game plan or scheme for these games. This is pretty much just a live review of what they worked on in practice so far. So like K said, the Eagles are running a W9, most of these guys aren't prepped against that where in the regular season, they may be more ready for that...via practice and film.

Individually some did better than others, but they definitely need to gel as a unit.

Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Honestly for me the stud of the night wasn't even a player, or even anyone on our team!

ANDY REID, poor guy just lost his son 4 days ago and was coaching the game, it was nice to see him smile just knowing what kind of pain he has to be going through right now!
    True and my heart goes out to him and his family!

Sly looked pretty bad too, missed a ton of tackles.
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar
    Kyle Jolly #61 OT looked bad, he was beat bad on the last play of the game and I think I remember seeing him get beat on several other plays.

http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/playe...596/kyle-jolly
    Release the Keisel!

69 Lee was way better than 68 - 61 - 62 - 64

Draft Pick
    I don't know if we were looking to just list rookies or players we are finally counting on to make their first serious contributions, but I added a couple of players of the obvious nature. Yes I know some were only in for a series, or possibly two, but if players perform as expected I don't think that should disqualify them from the conversation.

Studs
    McClendon (Just looks focused and determined)
    Rainey (game changer)
    Dwyer AND Redman (Redman gets exactly what he's asked to get, and did so this week)
    AB and ES (AB is walking around like a number one receiver, just pitch and catch to this guy, and both performed well against much better than average DB's)
    1st and 2nd string D (tackling was phenomenal)

Duds
    Lefty (i cringe every time he winds up)
    Oline as a group (couldn't stop pressure or penetration in most situations, albeit the Eagles are better than average pass rushers, and no the sky isn't falling this is a young talented group that just needs time and experience)

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Sly looked pretty bad too, missed a ton of tackles.
    Yes, he did disappoint a bit, didn't he. Was he the one that left his feet in the backfield with the QB in his sights?

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    Where is Dennis Dixon?
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information