Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Studs and Duds - vs Eagles

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Steelers Studs and Duds - vs Eagles

It's only preseason but why not have some fun even in exhibition?
    Who's your top players and not so top players from Thursday night?

Rainey and Batch - both were the primary offensive stars tonight. Rainey in the passing game and Batch on the ground.

Adrian Robinson had a pretty nice game too

Wide Receivers - nobody stepped up tonight among the 2nd tier group. Tyler Beiler had one catch but there wasn't much to speak of from any of them.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

My Mood
    Manic
    How could they leave out Al Woods int out of the highlights

AL Woods--> STUD
    McLendon -->STUD

OFFENSE
    Dwyer -->STUD
    Redman-->DUD

It's time to Draft a QB AHHUM Foles
    Leftwich requires an all Hall of Fame O-line to be effective with his long delivery which is probably longer than Tebow's. Batch is too old and should be counted as a coach . and Johnson didn't look good at all
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 08-10-2012 at 04:33 AM.

Rookie Free Agent
    We have no backup QB. If Ben goes down then we are going to play without a QB until he gets back.

McLendon looks great, yep Woods too showed up . . . Cortez Allen looked good on the back end

Rainey excites me, I thought batch struggled until the scrubs came in, Clay looked pretty good in limited action..

I was surprised we played the Eagles in pre-season, seeing as we have them in the regular season, . . that doesn't normally happen does it?

Rookie Free Agent
    Overall I thought this was a very good first outing. Plenty of concerns were answered for me already although I will not fiinalize my 53 until after the next game.

McClendon was no surprise to me. I have been saying he is a more than adequete replacement for Casey for 3 years. And unfortunately the TC reports on Taamu were accurate. He needs plenty of work.

Sylvester showed he can play the position. He greatly improved from last year when I thought he would at best only be a ST player. Brandon Johnson was close to McClendon in the stud category. Not enough was made of his forcing the bad pass Woods intercepted. I would not be surprised to see him tried out on the other side also. I'm not with the group that sees Carter as improved much and as a replacement for JHar. He probably won't be on my final 53 list. I also thought 51 had a good first outing and was visible and effective. I suppose what I am saying is my concerns with the front 7 were reduced a lot. But without a healthy JHar ehhh?

I posted early on in the TC thread that I was really getting sick and tired of all the talk without ever hardly any video clips to support the observations of the reporters. From what I saw all those negative reports on DeCastro were delivered by nuts. And even though Adams play was far from perfect I saw nothing not easily correctible. Yeah, on the glowing reports about the future of the OL I agree. Go Steelers Go.

Having only seen Rainey on his scout clip which like many others popped my eyes out. I was anxious to actually see him play. Well, he was was on several STUD lists and that was an easy call. But, what was even more impressive to me besides the production was the players poise and toughness. I mean, think about it, first game in a hostile [very hostile] environment and he looked like he had been there for years.

There were quite a few others that played well too, heck, I even thought 23 looked much better and in control of the LDB spot. There was certainly a noticeable difference in the coverage when the replacements took over. But, one more week of practice and another game could change some things.

BTW: I pretty much agreed with all the players mentioned in the earlier posts. Especially Dwyer. This guy reminds me of something I read that Buddy Ryan said about a WR. Ehh! All he does is catch TD passes.[Oh, really] This Dwyer guy all he does is bust through the line and run for long gainers. Ehh! I mean he seems to do this regularly. WTH! I have seen some posts that have him winning the RB job. But, when are they going to let this guy work enough to see if he has any durability or stamina or something. Sometimes I think that maybe Dick Hoak retired way too early.

My biggest DUD I think was Curtis Brown,he looked like a high school player!

DUD, Oline
    DUD, back up QB's

Stud, McLendon - BEAST!
    Stud, Rainey
    Stud, first team D looks very fluid!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Yeh as mentioned too before, . . . Adrian Robinson (STUD) reminded me of their ends during his limited action, he had a good skill set, lovely spin move to the inside on one play, . . admittedly against reserves, but you can only beat what is put in front of you . . .

An Al woods sighting, it was ****ing great. Hes been my dude since like 07 when he was at LSU, i said prior to this season for such an INCREDIBLE athlete, seriously insane athletic measurables he needs to shake the raw label.

Rainey is going to be a super exciting player and just like i thought looks to be that WR/scat back. They are going to get him the ball.

loving me some mcclendon, and not gonna lie i had my doubts. Baron Batch is a nobody, but dwyer looked real good in his short time. Lean and mean

also, ryan lee...looked pretty ****ing beastly out there. Shout out to coldrolled, thats your boy ha

Thread Information