Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345
Results 41 to 48 of 48

Thread: Injury updates to David Johnson, Jonathan Dwyer and Mike Adams...Update, DJ with torn ACL

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #41
    Draft Pick NorCalSteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    288
    My Mood
    Pissedoff
    read back injury but it is pretty quiet..

  2. #42
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    ????? Really? I brought this up in another thread but I just cannot ignore it here any longer. Thursday night did not tell us ANYTHING about whether Redman or Dwyer is the better back. Dwyer had 2, yes 2 runs, against the second team. One was a long one but through a hole that Casey Hampton could have run through for 25 on his bum knee. If you doubt it, look at the replay. The hole was at least 5 yards wide.

    Redman looked fine. He had 3 runs on 1-2 down that went for 4-5 yards each. Nothing to sneeze at. He got 3 yards on a 4th and 1. Again, nothing to complain about. He had an end run for minus 1-2 that the Eagles had sniffed out from the beginning and Walter Payton could not have turned into positive yardage And I would note that Redman's runs were against the FIRST TEAM defense.

    Dwyer MAY end up being the better back but using Thursday to justify the claim is ridiculous.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  3. #43
    Veteran TarlsQtr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    2,099
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Rainey is clearly not an every down back but he is very good at running delays and draws. He's a very good runner out of the shotgun. Love that little f*cker...
    I think we are getting a little hot and bothered about him too. He looked exciting at times but against scrubs. And him playing out of the shotgun means he HAS to be able to pick up the blitz and block. Tomlin does not even allow him to participate in backs on backers yet. If he does not learn to block, he will be virtually useless on offense.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

  4. #44
    Big T's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Penn State University
    Posts
    5,137
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I think we are getting a little hot and bothered about him too. He looked exciting at times but against scrubs. And him playing out of the shotgun means he HAS to be able to pick up the blitz and block. Tomlin does not even allow him to participate in backs on backers yet. If he does not learn to block, he will be virtually useless on offense.
    Most of what I said had nothing to do with Thursday and everything to do with what he was best at at Florida. I've watched every snap he's played, as a Gators fan, and I can tell you, he will be a weapon in this offense.

  5. #45
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Rancho Cucamonga, California
    Posts
    5,394
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    ????? Really? I brought this up in another thread but I just cannot ignore it here any longer. Thursday night did not tell us ANYTHING about whether Redman or Dwyer is the better back. Dwyer had 2, yes 2 runs, against the second team. One was a long one but through a hole that Casey Hampton could have run through for 25 on his bum knee. If you doubt it, look at the replay. The hole was at least 5 yards wide.

    Redman looked fine. He had 3 runs on 1-2 down that went for 4-5 yards each. Nothing to sneeze at. He got 3 yards on a 4th and 1. Again, nothing to complain about. He had an end run for minus 1-2 that the Eagles had sniffed out from the beginning and Walter Payton could not have turned into positive yardage And I would note that Redman's runs were against the FIRST TEAM defense.

    Dwyer MAY end up being the better back but using Thursday to justify the claim is ridiculous.
    In a sense your right but we can't ignore what we saw either from Dwyer.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #46
    Draft Pick FlatsSteeler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    298
    My Mood
    Mellow
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Most of what I said had nothing to do with Thursday and everything to do with what he was best at at Florida. I've watched every snap he's played, as a Gators fan, and I can tell you, he will be a weapon in this offense.
    I agree with T....I watched him in college...from a different perspective........FSU fan....I cringed when he had the ball in his hands......

  7. #47
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,169
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    ????? Really? I brought this up in another thread but I just cannot ignore it here any longer. Thursday night did not tell us ANYTHING about whether Redman or Dwyer is the better back. Dwyer had 2, yes 2 runs, against the second team. One was a long one but through a hole that Casey Hampton could have run through for 25 on his bum knee. If you doubt it, look at the replay. The hole was at least 5 yards wide.

    Redman looked fine. He had 3 runs on 1-2 down that went for 4-5 yards each. Nothing to sneeze at. He got 3 yards on a 4th and 1. Again, nothing to complain about. He had an end run for minus 1-2 that the Eagles had sniffed out from the beginning and Walter Payton could not have turned into positive yardage And I would note that Redman's runs were against the FIRST TEAM defense.

    Dwyer MAY end up being the better back but using Thursday to justify the claim is ridiculous.
    Wow someone actually watched the game. Will the Redman haters stop at nothing ? I personally don't care who starts at running back as long as they earn the job but to declare Dwyer the better back on 2 carries is just stupid. If thats how you judge a player we better dump Adams quick he's a bust. LOL
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  8. #48
    Veteran DanRooney's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Posts
    2,121
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Can we all get off of Redman's sack now?? He looked terrible the same as he looked all last year! He couldn't find a hole if he was a rooster in a hen house!
    Oh yeah ignore every single game since now where he's played fantastic. Breaking multiple tackles almost every single carry. He sucks because he looked bad in the first preseason game. Let's dump Adams and Curtis Brown too. Bums.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Jonathan Dwyer more than capable at backup RB
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 09-06-2011, 09:51 AM
  2. Replies: 40
    Last Post: 08-11-2011, 05:37 PM
  3. Sepulveda has an ACL injury...***Update, torn ACL
    By BlitzburghRockCity in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 01-29-2011, 11:51 AM
  4. Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-13-2011, 03:29 PM
  5. Round 6 - Jonathan Dwyer, RB , Georgia Tech
    By Prosdo in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 43
    Last Post: 04-30-2010, 08:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •