Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Plaxico Burress tax trouble and back in the Steelers rumor mill too

Bookmark and Share
    Say Wallace doesnt show until week 10 or 11...isn't anyone else nervous about the WR position like me? Brown only needs to tweak a hammy and hes out for weeks. Sanders hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career. That leaves you with Cotchery and possibly Clemons? I think we need more depth at the postion and Im all for Plax coming in at the right price.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelCityKid5 View Post
    Say Wallace doesnt show until week 10 or 11...isn't anyone else nervous about the WR position like me? Brown only needs to tweak a hammy and hes out for weeks. Sanders hasn't been able to stay healthy throughout his career. That leaves you with Cotchery and possibly Clemons? I think we need more depth at the postion and Im all for Plax coming in at the right price.
    I agree 100% and I'll go 1 step further, what kind of game shape will Mike be in? He's liable to come back and pull up hurt... I'd say this team needs to reach out to Plax and at least bring him in for a workout..

they absolutely need one more. id say plax is the best bet. after plax is roy williams and mike sims-walker i would think, or SWEED

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they absolutely need one more. id say plax is the best bet. after plax is roy williams and mike sims-walker i would think, or SWEED
    I still believe in him

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Can you imagine how Sweed would feel if he got the call from the front office to come in?

Giving Ben a huge target like Plex isn't a bad thing at all. He would be a slot cornerback's nightmare. And a redzone terror.

I think Plex will have his chance to hook on to some team. As soon as he lowers his asking price. I could see him fitting in with the Cowboys too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Sweed really?........I was on the Sweed bandwagon as well but man come on Sweed is done..........lol

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Sweed really?........I was on the Sweed bandwagon as well but man come on Sweed is done..........lol
    I will never give up on him! NEVER! :'(

I had such high hopes for him. It was impossible for me to be happier with the first two picks in 2008. *deep sigh* *cries*

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    I will never give up on him! NEVER! :'(

I had such high hopes for him. It was impossible for me to be happier with the first two picks in 2008. *deep sigh* *cries*
    I'm with you I loved Mendenhall in the first and Sweed in the 2nd....I thought the 2008 draft was going to be very special for the Steelers......I just can't see Sweed ever doing anything in the NFL at this point.....Its to bad really.....

My Mood
    Fine
    Every team has got the same fears about their top tier WR's ... in theory, you're only as good as your 5th WR ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

My Mood
    Pimp
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    people seem to be warming up to him coming back, last year was a lot of balking. He'd be a fine addition and probably find the endzone about 10 times, and if not he commands enough attention in the endzone that sanders or brown or heath could finish with more than 2 TDs each
    Wouldn't mind him myself, but I think it depends in where you look...I think a lot of people are still butt hurt over him...

Problem I see with him is he'd essentially be taking up two roster spots because at best he'd probably by a #3 guy, maybe even a 4 when Wallace returns...he's not playing special teams so you gotta find someone to help with that void...maybe Harrison would volunteer...lol.

Thread Information