decastro did 34 reps, its not a strength issue. he was overpowering people with his arms in college, hes gotta refine his game a bit....easing him into a dominant player is fine, the man is going to be an incredible player
This thred is rediculous .Pouncey didn't lock in until the third pre season game Mr Personality as his teammate call him will be fine
Big transition, DeCastrate will be fine.
But, Foster is not that bad of a lineman; I like him at RG. If DeCastro is better, he should play. If he is not, he shouldn't. I'm glad Foster is pushing him
The Great Alan Faneca didn't start until week 4 or 5 of his rookie season.....
andy levitre and carl nicks (both top 5 guards) were awful their rookie year. Id expect him to be better than awful, but b@g32 is right faneca saw very limited playing time as a rookie early on and only got on the field because of injuries
Heres a great write up on him as a scouting report. Theres no doubt in my mind he will be a better player than faneca. It might take some time but whenever you watch him play at any level you just see a man that plays with everything he has
• Possesses prototypical size and bulk
• Terrific strength and plays with power
• Aggressive and plays w/ nasty demeanor
• Gets an excellent push in the run game
• Stout at the point to anchor in pass pro
• Mobile enough to pull and work in space
• Is polished and utilizes sound technique
• Smart with nice instincts and awareness
• Extremely tough and was very durable
• Competitive w/ great work ethic and drive
• Lots of experience versus top competition
• Average athleticism, agility, quickness
• Does not physically dominate opponents
• Tends to reach and lose balance at times
• Does not have ideal arm length (32¾)
• Overall upside may be relatively limited
• None of Consequence
A three-year starter for the Cardinal --- Named 1st Team All-Pac-10/12 in 2010 and 2011 --- A consensus All-American in 2011 --- Started 39 consecutive games at right guard --- Also won a state champion in the shot put in high school --- A well-rounded, blue-collar blocker with an ideal blend of physical tools and intangibles who profiles as an immediate starter and perennial Pro Bowler at the next level --- One of the best offensive guard prospects to come along in recent years and has drawn favorable comparisons to everyone from Alan Faneca to Steve Hutchinson --- Projects as a legitimate Top 15-20 overall pick.
NFL Player Comparison: Steve Hutchinson
Decastro is getting it taken to him because he's a first round pick. As he should. He will earn everything he gets. As it should be. He'll be more then fine when he starts. Right now, he's getting forged in STEEL!!!!!!!!!!
GO STEELERS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
The Steeler way...is the only way.
DeCastro was my favorite player in this past draft from a Steelers need perspective.........So I was more then thrilled when he fell on draft day.....Mike Adams falling to the 2nd was just as awesome.....
There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)