Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

Let's assume for the sake of argument that eventually Mike Wallace shows up. Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jerricho Cotchery, make up the first 4 but who is the 5th? So far in camp, although only a week old, nobody is taking charge of that position very much says Ed Bouchette:

--- A fifth (including Mike Wallace) wide receiver has not yet emerged. None of the players behind Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders and Jerricho Cotchery have done enough to separate themselves. There is at least one opening and it’s there for anyone to grab. At the moment, rookie Toney Clemons might have the slightest of edges.

--- The longer Wallace stays away, the more the Steelers will contemplate signing a veteran receiver, maybe someone such as Kevin Curtis, who is 34 and has been out of football for a year. Plaxico Burress, I was told, wants too much money.

Are you happy if Toney Clemons makes that final roster spot or do you want a veteran instead, regardless of when Wallace eventually shows?

i would have liked moss, TO, or Plax for the vet min but i would be ok with clemons as #5...hes got more potential than lets say a tyler grisham, dallas baker, or sean morey

I'm all for Tony Clemons getting a chance. I believe the guy has a chance to be a legitimate contributer to the team.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Rookie Free Agent
    Clemons needs to be on the roster unless he is so bad that he gets cut. If he shows any potential he has to be on the roster. I dont want to see a player like Arnaz Battle taking up a developmental roster spot just because he has experience.

Clemons... Or Plax, I think he could fit this new system very well...
    "Happy Happy Happy"

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i would have liked moss, TO, or Plax for the vet min but i would be ok with clemons as #5...hes got more potential than lets say a tyler grisham, dallas baker, or sean morey
    This pretty much sums up my thoughts as well.........I'm rooting for Clemons and hope he does make the team but it would be awesome to have Plax back....I always liked Burress.........I do think he has something left.......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    I'm all for Tony Clemons getting a chance. I believe the guy has a chance to be a legitimate contributer to the team.

I hope like hell it's Clemons. His height/speed ratio is something we don't have on this team.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    Clemons isn't that tall only 6'1" we need someone 6'3" or better only my opinion maybe Cox lol

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Clemons isn't that tall only 6'1" we need someone 6'3" or better only my opinion maybe Cox lol
    why?

most 6-3+ WRs are terrible

Call me crazy but I'd rather have 5 rbs, 4 wrs and 3 tes, here me out: I'd carry Mende, Dwyer, Redman, Batch and Rainey. Mendenhall will be coming off of injury so we may be down to 4 for the first 6 weeks if they put him on the PUP list. IMO you have 2 legitimate 5th WR options in Heath and Rainey and maybe a third when Saunders returns. I would not leave a roster spot for a 5th WR like Clemons if it cost me losing batch or Rainey! Plus I don't think your in any danger of losing Clemons by putting him on the PS. Rainey or Batch would leave on waivers before they even hit our PS. So my answer is Chris Rainey

Thread Information