Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Sad news, Andy Reid's son Garrett found dead

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    His son bragged about being a drug dealer in the hood, after all the trouble he was in he was hired by the Eagles because his dad worked for em, must be nice, RG is such a hypocrite...http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/A...ng-camp-080512
    Are you serious? Unbelievable.

He was not an official Eagle employee. Did you ever think that maybe his dad was simply trying to whatever he could to help out his son. Just like any parent would.

God bless the entire Reid family in this difficult time.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Are you serious? Unbelievable.

He was not an official Eagle employee. Did you ever think that maybe his dad was simply trying to whatever he could to help out his son. Just like any parent would.

God bless the entire Reid family in this difficult time.

Yea i'm dead serious, i'm not a puppet who goes along with the crowd,I just quoted what the drug dealing THUG said/ bragged to the probation officer about , I wonder how many people did he cripple/ kill by selling them crack, QUOTE... In the midst of his legal troubles, Reid said he "got a thrill" out of being a drug dealer in a lower-income neighborhood just a few miles from his parents' suburban Villanova mansion. "I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life," Reid told a probation officer, according to court testimony in November 2007. "I could go anywhere in the `hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer." WHERE'S the honor in this? I am entitled to my own opinion

Starter
    Whenever anybody dies, under circumstances, we should respect friends, family, etc. as best we can. If we are empathetic or not, respect should be given. We should offer respect, or nothing at all. After all, that could be you we are talking about.

Not that anybody in this thread said anything offensive or inconsiderate. For some reason, I felt the need to communicate my thoughts. Too many times I have seen pinheads make dumb comments on the internet in response to tragedy or death. I feel for Mr. Reid and his family. Death will eventually affect is all, remember that.

I remember a particularly poignant epitaph of a young soldier on a tombstone at the graveyard at Gettysburg:

As you are now, I once was. As I am now, you will soon be.

I think that summarizes things nicely.
    Last edited by Speeed; 08-06-2012 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    Yea i'm dead serious, i'm not a puppet who goes along with the crowd,I just quoted what the drug dealing THUG said/ bragged to the probation officer about , I wonder how many people did he cripple/ kill by selling them crack, QUOTE... In the midst of his legal troubles, Reid said he "got a thrill" out of being a drug dealer in a lower-income neighborhood just a few miles from his parents' suburban Villanova mansion. "I liked being the rich kid in that area and having my own high-status life," Reid told a probation officer, according to court testimony in November 2007. "I could go anywhere in the `hood. They all knew who I was. I enjoyed it. I liked being a drug dealer." WHERE'S the honor in this? I am entitled to my own opinion
    Yes you certainly are entitled to your own opinion. I'm not sure where you got this puppet thing from or who said that Garrett lead a "Honorable" life.

I was simply shocked and questioned that you brought Roger Goodell into it.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rookie Free Agent JoeSteelerFan's Avatar
    My Mood
    Cynical

My Social Networks

Follow JoeSteelerFan On Twitter
    Your opinion made me think of a quote:

"Nothing in the world is more dangerous than sincere ignorance and consciencious stupidity."

-Martin Luther King, Jr.
    Follow me on Twitter: @JoeSteelerFan

Thread Information