Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 97

Thread: Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

          
   
   
    Bookmark and Share
  1. #21
    Veteran connecticutsteel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    southern connecticut
    Posts
    2,701
    My Mood
    Manic
    Keep in mind Batch and Clay are under contract Dwyer is an free agent next year and is replacable

  2. #22
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    You really talk like batch is better then Dwyer. And he isn't. Batch is a change of pace back on third downs. That's what Batch is at best. And Rainey may take that position anyway. Batch is the one in danger. Not Dwyer. Dwyer has an overall better skill set then Mendenhall. And he will put that on full display this coming season.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  3. #23
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    You really talk like batch is better then Dwyer. And he isn't. Batch is a change of pace back on third downs. That's what Batch is at best. And Rainey may take that position anyway. Batch is the one in danger. Not Dwyer. Dwyer has an overall better skill set then Mendenhall. And he will put that on full display this coming season.
    batch has excellent measurable and determination but i agree with you, he fits a 3rd down back profile to a T. Good hands and great explosion could make him an asset

    that being said dwyer does not have better skills than mendenhall, he played in a gimmicky triple option as a FB and comes in overweight all the time by a lot (hes still faster than redman with 30 pounds extra on him though) I have high hopes for dwyer, i had him as a solid second round back but we got him in 6 so he is very talented but hes got a lot to prove this year..


    i also think rainey makes the teams because hes an KR/PR/RB/WR and is just an all around weapon. Id feel very comfortable with him as a #5 WR, get him the ball in space and its all over

  4. #24
    Head Coach LatrobePA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    THIS IS MY HOUSE BITCHES
    Posts
    12,252
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i also think rainey makes the teams because hes an KR/PR/RB/WR and is just an all around weapon. Id feel very comfortable with him as a #5 WR, get him the ball in space and its all over
    This:
    "Happy Happy Happy"

  5. #25
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Your wrong K-Train

    Just because you haven't seen enough of Dwyer to know. Dwyer didn't have the work ethic aspect down. But his overall skill set is better then Mendenhall's. Mendenhall STILL struggles with patience and then exploding through holes, making those spin moves when there is no need to, and making people miss. Dwyer is better in all three of those aspects then Mendenhall. And now that Dwyer is finally in shape, you'll have a chance to see it on full display because he's going to ultimately beat Redman out for the starting job. Book it.

    Rainey does too much NOT to be on the team. I forsee a serious third down time share between Rainey and Batch. May the best man win.
    Last edited by Real Deal Steel; 08-03-2012 at 09:46 AM.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  6. #26
    Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Ranclho Cucamonga,California
    Posts
    5,566
    Reminds me of the Texans:

    " We need to go draft Ben Tate because I don't think that Foster kid will be any good because he got hurt the first year he was here. " Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

  7. #27
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Your wrong K-Train

    Just because you haven't seen enough of Dwyer to know. Dwyer didn't have the work ethic aspect down. But his overall skill set is better then Mendenhall's. Mendenhall STILL struggles with patience and then exploding through holes, making those spin moves when there is no need to, and making people miss. Dwyer is better in all three of those aspects then Mendenhall. And now that Dwyer is finally in shape, you'll have a chance to see it on full display because he's going to ultimately beat Redman out for the starting job. Book it.

    Rainey does too much NOT to be on the team. I for see a serious third down time share between Rainey and Batch. May the best man win.
    im not wrong lol, ive watched dwyer for years, ive seen plenty....hes good, hes a big back with a little wiggle to him and some great speed for a big guy. Najeh Davenport comes to mind when you watch dwyer, you dont usually see a big man with those kind of feet but hes not exactly a bruiser for his size either.

    I had him mocked to us in the 3rd round that year, trust me im a dwyer supporter and very much pro dwyer over redman but his "skill set" is not as good as you are making it sound. He has had a handful of carries and yes one was like 70 yards but theres no way hes better than mendenhall. Mendenhall is by far the best back on the roster, his struggle with patience might have been something to do with running behind the likes of sean mahan, justin hartwig, trai essex, doug legursky, and darnell stapleton as members of his interior oline for the majority of his career. Ive never seen a player get steam rolled like harwig, he hasnt played in 2 years and hes still #1 in sacks given up for centers over the last 5...mendenhalls patience was never in question when he was running to the right side behind either colon or flozell, where he was spectacular. People hate mendhall because he isnt bettis, but hes the best runner, blocker, receiver (even though they never throw him the ball he was a GREAT receiving back at illinois) i really hope he gets to show his stuff behind this oline, he deserves that at least.


    but in the mean time im 100% in support of dwyer taking as many carries away from redman as humanly possible

  8. #28
    K Train's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    In hell
    Posts
    17,951
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Reminds me of the Texans:

    " We need to go draft Ben Tate because I don't think that Foster kid will be any good because he got hurt the first year he was here. " Hahahahahahahahahahaha.
    whats so funny about that? they run an extremely run friendly system with there ZBS and arian foster was an UDFA that no one knew about, tate is supremely talented especially for that kind of scheme....they could both put up 1000 yard seasons kinda like mike anderson and tatum bell that year in denver

  9. #29
    Rookie Free Agent
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Posts
    83
    Rainey is a dead lock to make the team. If they keep Clemons as a WR then he will take a RB spot.

    Rainey is getting a tons of snaps at RB and is getting reps at slot so he will be on the team.

  10. #30
    Starter Ibleedblk&gld's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Heinz Field
    Posts
    1,707
    My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm absolutely ecstatic to see rainey and clemons on thursday..

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •