Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    rainey is probably the next best receiver, hes little but he can do a lot of things.

id love some plax though

Depending on what our #1 does I still think this team needs Plax...

id say regardless of what wallace does plax would be a great addition. cant have too many weapons and ben always liked throwing to plax his rookie year

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    id say regardless of what wallace does plax would be a great addition. cant have too many weapons and ben always liked throwing to plax his rookie year
    Make it happen...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Well, seems like the Steeler society has embraced Plax. Maybe management will come to the same conclusions as us.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Burress isn't coming back...I would love it but it won't happen.......

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Burress isn't coming back...I would love it but it won't happen.......
    I tend to agree..

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Can't wait until you see Dwyer. Then you'll stop this, " Mendenhall is the most talented and it isn't even close for 2nd" talk.

We have two talented runningbacks in Mendy and Dwyer. You've seen more of one because the younger one is finally taking it seriously and applying himself. That's the only difference.

My take ... Both Mendy and Dwyer are likely better than Ernest Jackson ... LOL ... and I loved Ernest Jackson!

I don't appreciate Mendenhall because frankly I expected more from him! ... He is a 1st Rounder and so I expected his breakout to come far sooner ... yet alone come at all!

Mendenhall seems to me to lack the naturalness that great RB's have ... instead of running "to" daylight and eluding tacklers, Mendenhall seems to find contact far too quickly ... I've never seen him cut back to open space in the fashion of the greats ...

I hate the argument that our O-line was to blame for Mendenhall's woes ... in limited playing time (as well as in camp) Isaac Redman has proven to me to be the tougher RB, the more relentless RB ...

If it's a natural cutback RB (in the mold of Arian Foster, Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, OJ, even Barry Foster to a lesser extent, etc.) that we are expected to see in Mendenhall, then he simply hasn't shown that he has the gift ... If it is a masher (such as Riggins, Dillon, Riggs, Jamal Lewis, Stephen Davis, dare I say Bettis?) then I would take Isaac Redman and be happy giving him a chance to develop his skills into the next great Steelers Merrill Hoge "masher" ...

I prefer not to judge this book merely by it's cover ... the shinier and fancier cover does not indulge the content it was advertised to possess ...

I look down the list of the greatest NFL RB's of all time and I don't see where Mendenhall would eventually fit among those names? ... and I'm talking about the top 50 on that list ... not the top 10 ... surely he's got more talent than Garrison Hearst or James Brooks? ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

My Mood
    Pimp
    Mendenhall gets recognition for the "Prime Time" fumbles...Super Bowl and they way he runs with the ball out is conducive to every analyst on the planet bringing it up every game...hence it sounds like he fumbles more than he does...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    My take ... Both Mendy and Dwyer are likely better than Ernest Jackson ... LOL ... and I loved Ernest Jackson!

I don't appreciate Mendenhall because frankly I expected more from him! ... He is a 1st Rounder and so I expected his breakout to come far sooner ... yet alone come at all!

Mendenhall seems to me to lack the naturalness that great RB's have ... instead of running "to" daylight and eluding tacklers, Mendenhall seems to find contact far too quickly ... I've never seen him cut back to open space in the fashion of the greats ...

I hate the argument that our O-line was to blame for Mendenhall's woes ... in limited playing time (as well as in camp) Isaac Redman has proven to me to be the tougher RB, the more relentless RB ...

If it's a natural cutback RB (in the mold of Arian Foster, Marcus Allen, Terrell Davis, OJ, even Barry Foster to a lesser extent, etc.) that we are expected to see in Mendenhall, then he simply hasn't shown that he has the gift ... If it is a masher (such as Riggins, Dillon, Riggs, Jamal Lewis, Stephen Davis, dare I say Bettis?) then I would take Isaac Redman and be happy giving him a chance to develop his skills into the next great Steelers Merrill Hoge "masher" ...

I prefer not to judge this book merely by it's cover ... the shinier and fancier cover does not indulge the content it was advertised to possess ...

I look down the list of the greatest NFL RB's of all time and I don't see where Mendenhall would eventually fit among those names? ... and I'm talking about the top 50 on that list ... not the top 10 ... surely he's got more talent than Garrison Hearst or James Brooks? ...
    you think redman has ANY place on that list??????????????????????????? he is not a great RB by any means, he will have plenty of chances to prove that to us this year. We drafted mendenhall to upgrade willie parkers position, and we certainly accomplished that.

i think its laughable he gets 3400 yards and 29 TDs in 3 seasons starting and you just expect more. he has 5 more TDs in 3 years than willie parker had in 6, and willie parker broke the steelers TD record in a single season. Mendenhall is not adrian peterson, and he has not played in an offense like matt forte or MJD where they are accountable for like 60% of the yardage, and hes run behind misfits all of his career, musical chairs at offensive line with pathetically terrible run blockers.

redman might be more relentless but hes far less talented, slower, and everyone knows that. not like we have teams lining up to take redman off our hands. I dont know what you expect a "breakout" to be for a RB, but hes broken out more than mcfadden and stewart did, i suppose we could have given him a ton of carries even when losing to get him to a milestone like the titans did with chris johnson, but the steelers were too busy not being a losing team. I "expect" 1000+ yards from a starting RB, mendenhall has done that for us.

rather than disregard what a **** offensive line and a ****** offensive coordinator guys like mendenhall and wallace have had and still produced, maybe consider that the ****** blocking and ****** play calling had an affect on their production and as that gets better so will they. Both guys i would love to see featured in todd haleys offense with an improved oline, theyve shown enough with bruce arians abortion of a game plan and misfit blocking for them (and roethlisberger in wallaces case) to be excited what improvements can bring.

Thread Information