Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    im not wrong lol...

I had him mocked to us in the 3rd round that year, trust me im a dwyer supporter and very much pro dwyer over redman but his "skill set" is not as good as you are making it sound. He has had a handful of carries and yes one was like 70 yards but theres no way hes better than mendenhall. Mendenhall is by far the best back on the roster, his struggle with patience might have been something to do with running behind the likes of sean mahan, justin hartwig, trai essex, doug legursky, and darnell stapleton as members of his interior oline for the majority of his career. Ive never seen a player get steam rolled like harwig, he hasnt played in 2 years and hes still #1 in sacks given up for centers over the last 5...mendenhalls patience was never in question when he was running to the right side behind either colon or flozell, where he was spectacular. People hate mendhall because he isnt bettis, but hes the best runner, blocker, receiver (even though they never throw him the ball he was a GREAT receiving back at illinois) i really hope he gets to show his stuff behind this oline, he deserves that at least.

but in the mean time im 100% in support of dwyer taking as many carries away from redman as humanly possible
    I agree 100%. It burns my *** how under appreciated Rashard Mendenhall is in this fan base. Todd Haley is going to have a field day dreaming up plays for Mende!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I agree 100%. It burns my *** how under appreciated Rashard Mendenhall is in this fan base. Todd Haley is going to have a field day dreaming up plays for Mende!!!
    Agreed...

Veteran
    5th receiver? Who cares. He's not going to see much playing time anyway.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Under appreciated??? The guy isn't patient waiting for the holes or running behind his blockers, he does that spin move all the time, just to be doing it, and he leaves the ball on the ground at very inopportune times.

I too think that Haley can do wonders with Mendenhall but Mendenhall's value to the fan base is accurate and well deserved. You have to call a spade, a spade sometimes.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

he fumbles sooooo much less than the league average, ill never get that knock on him

My Mood
    Bungals
    Clemons would be the guy if he makes the team and has potential to grow. This is how we developed Antonio. You never want to get rid of young talent that is not costing you that much to have a team like the Ratbirds pick him up and throw him in our face years down the road.

he fumbles sooooo much less than the league average, ill never get that knock on him
    That's like the knock on Wallace about all his drops... He was ranked 13th in the NFL last year in terms of drop percentage, yet he has Limas disease.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I agree, Mendenhall fumbles very rarely. Last year he had one (1) in the first game when the ball and Nagoti arrived at the same time (I think the exchange from Ben was a bit high as well). I think Mendy gets a bum rap on being a fumbler. Redman fumbled twice in the same quarter of the Cleveland game (I think it was Cleveland). Mendy don't fumble much.

C-town

"Limas disease" classic!!

Waterboy
    Clemons - which means he's got over his case of the 'dropsies'.

They must start the season with 5 receivers, not 4, because if one gets hurt they can't run 4 receiver sets. I like Mendenhall. Can't wait to see him run behind a nasty line with a run first mindset, and a lead FB. Dwyer has skill, but he's no Mendy.

Thread Information