Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Who's your 5th WR for the Steelers?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Call me crazy but I'd rather have 5 rbs, 4 wrs and 3 tes, here me out: I'd carry Mende, Dwyer, Redman, Batch and Rainey. Mendenhall will be coming off of injury so we may be down to 4 for the first 6 weeks if they put him on the PUP list. IMO you have 2 legitimate 5th WR options in Heath and Rainey and maybe a third when Saunders returns. I would leave a roster spot for a 5th WR like Clemons if it cost me losing batch or Rainey! Plus I don't think your in any danger of losing Clemons by putting him on the PS. Rainey or Batch would leave on waivers before they even hit our PS. So my answer is Chris Rainey
    I'm with ya on the 3 TE's, and I'm cool with the 5 RB's. You can put Clay on the PS too if you want any more insurance. 4 WR's though, the only thing about that is how much they actually will use the TE's. If it's like a 5th WR and they get more than just a couple looks here and there per game then it's not a bad idea. If you say with the traditional use of them then 5 WR's is better. It's not that far fetched of an idea at all. You'd certainly keep a couple guys on the PS too in case of injury.

i actually would like to keep rainey over clemons if it came down to that for sure. im still meh on batch though

My Mood
    Manic
    Rainey will make the roster as a running back. As much as i would have liked to see dwyer play i think they like Batch better so IMO it will be Batch,Redman,Rainey,Mendenhall Clay on PS . Dwyer would have been cut last year but Batch's injury prevented it

Unless he (whoever) plays special teams, he (whoever) will not see the field. Brown, Sanders, J.C., Wallace, anlong with a TE (Miller) if they need 5 receivers at one time. If Wallace signs before final cuts, Maze could make the 53 man roster. If Wallace hold outs Clemons could make it.

I highly doubt they are going to cut Dwyer... besides Redman he has the most NFL experience in our backfield (which aint much). I really think they carry 4 plus mendenhall on the pup to start the season. Rainey will make the team as a RB but i think he or Heath are better options in a 5 WR set than anyone else we have.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Rainey will make the team but I could see him being used more as a WR then a RB......Its going to be interesting to see how Haley uses Rainey.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    I'm going with Clemons as #5, but I wouldn't be shocked if someone like Maze or Williams sneaks in. I highly doubt the Steelers will consider Plax because word is he wants too much $$. Dwyer will make the team and the final RB spot will come down to Batch or Clay. My prediction is Batch makes it because they were super high on him last year before he tore his ACL. Regardless, this is going to be an exciting training camp/preseason.

Chris

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    Clemons vs D. Williams

Unless they keep both Batch n Rainey...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Clemons may be on PS. I wouldn't mind picking up Plax if the price was right.

My Mood
    Pimp
    Clemons.

Thread Information