Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 Teams Have 60 Wins Right Now

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

4 Teams Have 60 Wins Right Now

and yes our Pittsburgh Pirates are one of them.....

I have been trying to spark some Bucco, talk all year....Come on Addicts, I know you're starving for some Steelers news/action......But this season has been magical so far for the Bucs....This team isn't going to fade and is for real.......I don't know if the season will end with a post-season birth but the Bucs, will be in it until the end so its safe to say the 19 years of losing should end......This team has 60 wins right now and I'm sure, they will win at least 23 games the rest of the way......They would have to tank bad the rest of the way for this to happen and I just can't see it happening with their pitching and the way the offense has been hitting lately.....Andrew McCutchen, is the best player in the NL and should be the MVP (leads the majors in BA .373).....AJ Burnett has been magical all year and could be the CY Young........The Bucs have made smart trades this year with little risk but with potential huge return.......

I like their rotation of AJ Burnett, James McDonald, Wandy Rodriguez, Jeff Karstens, Eric Bedard the rest of the way....Of course if one of those guys gets hurt or struggles they still could move Keven Correia, back into the rotation who was recently moved to the bullpen......The Pirates have one of the better bullpens in all of baseball......

The offense has been much better since June after a rough start to the season....I'm pretty sure the Bucs, lead the majors in homers on the road.....Both Pedro Alvarez and Andrew McCutchen each have 20+ HRs............Neil Walker has been his usual solid self.....Garret "GI" Jones is another one worth mentioning in having a good season so far......Michael "Fort" McKenry has surprised with 10 homers and .273 average and he isn't the everyday catcher......Recently called up Starling Marte, who was one of the Bucs top prospects hasn't looked lost at all so far and could really give the Bucs a boost for the stretch run.......

I have been a diehard Pirates fan, my whole life and I remember those three straight losses in the NLCS very well but most of all I remember the 19 years of straight losing as well........These are not the same sorry Bucs and this team is close to being one of the best in all of baseball......The Pirates top pitching prospects were not traded and I really can't wait until they reach the majors........Beat'em Bucs Beat'em Bucs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My Mood
    Mad
    Where is Teemont?....I know he would be given the Buccos some love....lol

YA gotta believe !! Something has happened and they are not the same old Bucco's. They find way to win games either small ball or going yard, I don't think they ever believe that they are out of a game...LET'S GO BUCS !!!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Mad
    thanks for the response bro....this team deserves to be talked about more......I love this team so much.....such a scrappy bunch and yes I hope they do take some noise away from the Steelers for a change......I love my Stillers but its been 20 damn years since the Bucs were playing winning baseball in August....lol

The first half of last season was a tease for us, that extra inning game really seemed to take the wind out of their sails. Don't know why because it was early in the season but that team was never the same after it... I think everybody has been waiting for the let down but it don't look like there's gonna be one...Keep it going guys cause it been a helluva ride !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Mad
    The Pirates would have to tank pretty bad the rest of the way to not finish with a winning season....I think this team wins 90+.........60-44 so only 58 games left..................22 and 36 the rest of the way would put them at 82 and 80.....That would end the 19 years of losing but I think this team is planning on making the post season and would look at just 82 wins as a failure at this point......

My Mood
    Addicted
    I don't know it is the Pirates.

In 2 years time, I think if we finish strong this season, we can go deep into the playoffs.

This year I think we miss out due to the Reds, next year is playoff experience, and after that it's our world title again.

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    I'm really pissed! How do you blow a 7-1 lead? J-mac and Pedro need to get shipped back to the minors.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandsux View Post
    I'm really pissed! How do you blow a 7-1 lead? J-mac and Pedro need to get shipped back to the minors.
    Talk to Clint Hurdle for leaving J-Mac in there when he no longer had it......Pedro had a big two out 2 RBI hit in the game tonight....This loss is on Clint Hurdle period.....J-Mac was one big pile of cow dung tonight but really Hurdle should have pulled him before the lead was blown......

Starter
    My Mood
    Clowns
    But in general Alvarez continues to struggle. Should kept mcghee and put him at third. This isn't the first time Hurdle has done this. He left Grille in last week too long and it cost us a game. j-mac is a headcase. I say put him in the bullpen and put correa back as a starter.
    Cleveland Browns suck!

Thread Information