Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Roethlisberger and his torn rotator cuff not a major issue

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Ben-STFU

Starter
    I am reading some replies telling Ben to keep his mouth shut. I did not see anywhere in that blurb where the was quoted. It was all second hand information. And, if he does respond to anything regarding his injuries will be by virtue of response to a question by a reporter with a slant and an agenda. It is not like the guy rented an add in the Gazette with an MRI of his shoulder with a giant red circle around the tear!

My Mood
    Impatient
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    I am reading some replies telling Ben to keep his mouth shut. I did not see anywhere in that blurb where the was quoted. It was all second hand information. And, if he does respond to anything regarding his injuries will be by virtue of response to a question by a reporter with a slant and an agenda. It is not like the guy rented an add in the Gazette with an MRI of his shoulder with a giant red circle around the tear!
    It was a write up of Ben's interview with Ed. So they may not be quotes, but he said these things.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

Ben is an idiot!

Starter
    Makes sense. But still, he asked him. Regardless, I guess we as fans should expect Ben to be hurt and be topic in sports media. It would be nice for a some of our rival QB's to get a few bumps and bruises!

Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    It was a write up of Ben's interview with Ed. So they may not be quotes, but he said these things.

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Everybody knew this was going to get way more press than it should but hey, Ben said it so people are going to talk about it.

Quarterback Ben Roethlisberger revealed on Wednesday that he suffered a slight partial rotator cuff tear last season against the Baltimore Ravens at Heinz Field, on Nov. 6.

“It happened early last year,” said Roethlisberger following practice. “We worked really hard at getting it right to play. I never missed any time. Dr. James Bradley, the trainers, John Norwig, everybody, just spent so much time rehabbing and getting it right. It feels great right now. It isn’t a new injury. It’s nothing new. I never complained about anything. I was simply making a statement about something.”

Roethlisberger said no surgery was required and that he has not lost any strength in the shoulder.
    “The way it was explained to me is that it’s torn like string cheese long ways, instead of sideways, which is ‘the better way to tear it,’” explained Roethlisberger. “It’s only a partial tear. That’s why I haven’t seen any side effects of loss of strength.

“I take less throws because of that, but also because I am getting a little bit older and might as well save the arm a little bit.”

Roethlisberger, who recently turned 30, also said, “it was one of those ones where the doctor says to avoid throwing too much in walk-thrus and stuff where you don’t have to throw and try not to land on it,” said Roethlisberger. “It happened in the Baltimore game and just got extended the wrong way. It was never an issue. I’ve dealt with a lot of pain and it wasn’t going to take me out.”

When asked after practice if there were any concerns about the injury, Coach Mike Tomlin said there were none and he wouldn’t be limited at all. Roethlisberger also said it would not limit his work in camp.

“You didn’t see any drop off in my play last year throwing the ball and you haven’t seen it yet,” said Roethlisberger. “No one would have known about it if I hadn’t talked about it today. I thought it was kind of a non-issue since it happened so long ago. I’m letting you know now that it’s a serious non-issue and I’m just fine.”

http://www.steelers.com/news/article...8-0351c14f29d0

Every time Ben talks to the media I cringe!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Shut up Ben...
    I agree why say anything about something that happen last year? Now teams are gonna be focusing on slamming him on his throwing shoulder

Rookie Free Agent
    Well most guys have a hard enough time taking him down period, let alone aiming to have him land on his throwing shoulder.
    This might have been the reason we were draft heavy for the Oline, the wake up call to the FO.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I wish Ben would have just kept that to himself. If it's not going to be fixed, then why mention it? But it kinda makes me want to get the 2nd string QB some extra reps in the new offense. LOL
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information