Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sirius' Adam Schein says Steelers are a 3rd place AFC North team

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Clowns

Exclamation Sirius' Adam Schein says Steelers are a 3rd place AFC North team

Browsing across the web and came across this. Plus I listen to Sirius regularly and know how Schein usually is. Schein is on Sirius NFL Radio in the afternoons normally with Rich Gannon. He's always been a Steeler hater no matter how much he tries to be fair.

Personally I'm ok with people saying the Steelers and Ravens are the top of the division, because they still are. Both have big play makers and experience in the playoffs. I don't care what anyone says though, there's no way I'm conceding the division to the Bengals though, not after just one year. I don't care what their draft was. It's one thing to be a contender for year but until you do it consistently there are still question marks about your team.

I also don't buy Polamalu is older excuse or the Hines Ward is on TV excuse. Ward wasn't a part of the offense last year and Polamalu will still be a play maker. Farrior split time on the defense so other than veteran presence this team has the tools regardless of who they lost.

The Myth: Pittsburgh is Pittsburgh, and will be a top-tier contender.

The Truth: The Steelers have issues and look like a third-place team.

I respect Mike Tomlin. But the Pittsburgh Steelers have some major question marks. First of all, I'm not convinced the high-strung, shotgun marriage of Todd Haley and Ben Roethlisberger will work. What do you think the NFL Network cameras will capture on Thursday, Oct. 11, when Big Ben gets to the sideline after holding onto the ball too long against the Tennessee Titans? Have you studied the combustible Haley and Roethlisberger through the years?

Meanwhile, Mike Wallace isn't in camp. He wants Larry Fitzgerald money. The Steelers (wisely) won't give it to him. It isn't like you can spin that Wallace knows the system and won't be hurt by missing time -- Haley is implementing a new offense, after all.

Furthermore, Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the draft picks of OG David DeCastro and OT Mike Adams, but can you bank on two rookie linemen?

Hines Ward is on TV. James Farrior has left the building. Troy Polamalu is older.

The Baltimore Ravens are the team to beat in the AFC North. Baltimore has a more imposing defense (even with the Terrell Suggs injury) and a better running attack than its arch rival in Pittsburgh.

The Cincinnati Bengals are legit. Retaining both coordinators (Jay Gruden and Mike Zimmer) in the offseason was huge for growth and continuity. Zimmer always gets his defenses to overachieve. Andy Dalton and A.J. Green will continue to blossom in Year 2. Right now, on August 1st, the Steelers have more issues than the Bengals.

Deep voice Adam is a douche... Andy Dalton had an amazing year but so did Derrick Anserson for Cleve then backed it up on the bench come mid season! Let's see if RED can keep it going...

My Mood
    Impatient
    Yes, I love that Suggs is injuried, Reed and Lewis are a hundred, but the Steelers have issues. The Bengals have no depth at CB and a second year QB, but they are far better than us because Ben and Haley aren't professional enough to work together. What an idiot!

sent from my Samsung Galaxy Siii using tapatalk 2

Let them talk. We get the last laugh more often than not anyway.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v437/DBR96/Sports%20gallery/Pittsburgh%20sports/Pittsburgh%20Steelers%20-%206X%20Super%20Bowl%20champions/PGH256A.jpg
    Six Lombardi Trophies: Not coming soon to a city near you.

Meanwhile, Mike Wallace isn't in camp. He wants Larry Fitzgerald money. The Steelers (wisely) won't give it to him. It isn't like you can spin that Wallace knows the system and won't be hurt by missing time -- Haley is implementing a new offense, after all.

Furthermore, Rashard Mendenhall is hurt. Do you trust Isaac Redman and Jonathan Dwyer? I loved the draft picks of OG David DeCastro and OT Mike Adams, but can you bank on two rookie linemen?
    They are legitimate questions. Although the Ravens also have question marks and the Bengals well they need to prove themselves yet.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Week 1 Bengals - Ravens Let them talk then... One will be in first place....

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Troy is older but the same argument can be made for Gay Ray Lewis and Ed Reed.....Suggs is out and is a huge blow....Plus they lost Jarret Johnson....Nobody seems to mention that.....Both of the Ratbirds OLBs will be missing from last year....But the Rats will plug in people just fine.....lol Talk about older to.....How about that Ravens OL? Their OL is a old and a mess.......I agree the Bengals are a bigger threat then the Ravens......But still I don't think Andy Dalton is all that impressive...Very Neil O'Donnell like to me.......I guess we just have to see what our old and over-rated Steelers do this year......lol What a joke....I don't expect everybody to sing the Steelers praises but their reasoning behind it is really stupid......

My Mood
    Manic
    Mark it down Suggs will never be the same.If the Ravens get off to a poor start he will come back too soon and really blow it up

andy dalton reached his ceiling last season, and post injuries and free agency the ravens look like the 3rd place team to me.

this happens every year, i love it. 12-4 last season and really only got better imo

My Mood
    Addicted
    .............bahahahahahahahaha

Thread Information