Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Dink & Dunk offense is not a bad thing in Pittsburgh

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I would love to see this type of offense actually come to Pittsburgh. We'll never use the tight ends like the Pats do but that's ok as long as we move the ball and eat the clock. Plus I'm all for anything that keeps Ben from getting sacked 40+ times per year.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Awesomeness

My Mood
    Manic
    The Steelers offense will look similar to the Arizona offense did in the super bowl if Wallace shows up

Rookie Free Agent
    As long as we score more points than under the Arians disaster I'm fine with distribution of passes moving closer to the line.

Then again, just scoring more points the Arians offense should be not be difficult given that we were in the bottom half of the league. We were worse in ppg than the offensive juggernauts like the Vikings, Bills, and Dolphins. The friggin Dolphins.

Any way, I hope we are around 24ish pts game this year.

Draft Pick
    It worked for the Patsies and 49ers and last time I looked both teams went far in the playoffs. The throw deep 40 times a game routine is counterproductive to getting your offense on a roll and keeping the other teams offense off the field. Not having Wallace around could easily be addition by subtraction by creating a more balanced team.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I was listening to Sirius today and the guys were talking to Andrew Luck about how much fun Arians' offense is and how much freedom he has. I thought to myself, just wait till you're 3rd and 8 at you're own 5 and he calls a delayed draw then see how much fun it is.

As far as the dink and goes, I've been screaming for it for years now. I wish they'd use it more and now hopefully they will. A power run game with a nasty offensive line, a big tough QB and fast WR's..it doesn't get any better than that

My Mood
    Fight
    I hope i'm wrong with but Ben is far from a dink and dunk QB unless Haley can sale it to Ben that likes the big play then I don't see it happening.
    "Without ME, it's just AWESO"
    and
    "To all the virgins, thanks for nothing"

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ben will be whatever Haley tells him to be. This buddy buddy thing that he had with Arians is long gone right now. He know longer has complete control over the playbook as far as I can tell. I'm sure Haley is getting his input on things he likes and doesn't like but this is going to be different in some ways that what we've been used to.

So far from camp it seems like everyone likes the new offense. They work a lot on short passes, dump offs, screens, and a ton of run blocking.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Ben will be whatever Haley tells him to be. This buddy buddy thing that he had with Arians is long gone right now. He know longer has complete control over the playbook as far as I can tell. I'm sure Haley is getting his input on things he likes and doesn't like but this is going to be different in some ways that what we've been used to.

So far from camp it seems like everyone likes the new offense. They work a lot on short passes, dump offs, screens, and a ton of run blocking.
    From what we are hearing out of camp so far, Haley appears to be very open-minded towards player input. Not only in terms of how plays work, but he is also very flexible in regard to terminology. As such, I have no doubt in my mind that he will listen if Ben tells him that he believes a certain aspect, such as the big play, is missing or is underutilized.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by CowherPower View Post
    I've been hearing a lot lately from Steeler fans that they don't want a dink and dunk offense. Hell even some of the local Steelers media aren't exactly all for it if you watch some of them on twitter.

I want Ws. Don't really care how they get them. The big play is exciting, but ultimately the only thing that matters is the W.

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by JensK View Post
    From what we are hearing out of camp so far, Haley appears to be very open-minded towards player input. Not only in terms of how plays work, but he is also very flexible in regard to terminology. As such, I have no doubt in my mind that he will listen if Ben tells him that he believes a certain aspect, such as the big play, is missing or is underutilized.
    Absolutely!
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Thread Information