Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Colbert Says Wallace Will NOT Be Traded

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    maybe some people will buy into it hearing it straight from the guy that throws the ball to them
    Lol, i doubt it!

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    maybe some people will buy into it hearing it straight from the guy that throws the ball to them
    Exactly. I was just about to post the story and say the exact same thing.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    That's exactly right, Wallace is going to command double teams. He's too fast not too. That's exactly the reason his butt needs to be here. The offense is better with Wallace, we all know that, again the reason this ridiculous holdout needs to end.

Ben can talk all he wants about Wallace staying in shape. I'm sure he is staying in shape, I'd be shocked if he wasn't. Even practicing with your helmet on, that's all well and good. Even if Ben has been secretly passing him plays and hints on the playbook, you can't fake the timing with the offense and with Ben. That's where you're going to struggle early, assuming he shows up at some point.

So when he comes back, does he command the double team still? Probably so, which will help out AB and Sanders but how many deep balls are going to be over or under thrown, dropped, or intercepted in the process too?

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    There is no doubt it would be better to have Wallace on this team. But he is going to be behind no matter what Ben says. It's one thing to know the plays out of a book, but quite another thing to have to execute them on the field properly. Timing, not having to think and just knowing the play naturally are things that can only come about from actual practice and playing.

Wallace will be back (he'd be crazy not to) but he'll be behind. And...how many times have we seen a guy come back from a hold out situation and try to to do too much, too fast and pull his hamstrings?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    There is no doubt it would be better to have Wallace on this team. But he is going to be behind no matter what Ben says. It's one thing to know the plays out of a book, but quite another thing to have to execute them on the field properly. Timing, not having to think and just knowing the play naturally are things that can only come about from actual practice and playing.

Wallace will be back (he'd be crazy not to) but he'll be behind. And...how many times have we seen a guy come back from a hold out situation and try to to do too much, too fast and pull his hamstrings?
    But he's a 1-trick pony right? How hard will it be for him to come back and run in a straight line? Since that's all he does...

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Two weeks is plenty of time to "catch up" to route timing, etc....

Wallace will be in camp before third preseason game, and will be up to speed before regular season starts.
    If he stays out longer than that, I will have nothing more to say to defend him, because I can't see any advantage
    to him staying out any longer than that.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    But he's a 1-trick pony right? How hard will it be for him to come back and run in a straight line? Since that's all he does...

Hahha. "one trick pony" was never what I said about him. I said that AB is a more complete WR and I stand by that.
    But he could still pull a hammy running straight down the field too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Good news, well some news on the Wallace front. There was n interview on the fan with a reporter told this news and plugged the website to find it: http://triblive.com/news/2388632-74/...t-aren-colbert

I didnt see a need to post a new Wallace thread but this is a pretty good read and i hope its all true!!!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I figured we could start a new one, just posted up that trib live article..but if you guys want to merge it into this one then just lemme know or one of the staff can do it too.

Sorry blitz I didn't see you posted that!!

Thread Information