Page 1 of 12 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Colbert Says Wallace Will NOT Be Traded

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds

Colbert Says Wallace Will NOT Be Traded

I am a little skeptical that they would not for the right deal. Unless they have tested the waters and found no one is willing to give up what he is worth, this is posturing to pressure Wallace. Article here.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    What you say and what you ultimately do given the right situation isn't always the same thing. If a team is willing to pay Wallace then he can sign the tender and be immediately traded. Colbert will do everything he can to keep Wallace in Pittsburgh but the ball is in his court now, completely. Show up or don't.

My Mood
    Impatient
    That could be the wrong choice. If Wallace is just planning on showing up week 10 so that he is no longer an RFA and sign with somebody else next year, we should trade him. I would take even a second round pick at that point. So, hopefully somebody from the Steeler's front office will get him in camp and get him practicing with the team or get him out if he isnt coming until week 10

Wallace will show up after training camp: The Steelers had a long term contact for him, but because of him not reporting, that gave his money to Brown. Wallace will show up at the end of camp, be the Steelers 3rd or 4th receiver this year and leave next year as a UFA for less money than he expects.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    That could be the wrong choice. If Wallace is just planning on showing up week 10 so that he is no longer an RFA and sign with somebody else next year, we should trade him. I would take even a second round pick at that point. So, hopefully somebody from the Steeler's front office will get him in camp and get him practicing with the team or get him out if he isnt coming until week 10
    The Steelers would never get a second round pick for him after week 10 and they may not even be able to get it for him now.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by greg1964 View Post
    Wallace will show up after training camp: The Steelers had a long term contact for him, but because of him not reporting, that gave his money to Brown. Wallace will show up at the end of camp, be the Steelers 3rd or 4th receiver this year and leave next year as a UFA for less money than he expects.
    You could be right..

Veteran
    Quote Originally Posted by cmerrifield View Post
    That could be the wrong choice. If Wallace is just planning on showing up week 10 so that he is no longer an RFA and sign with somebody else next year, we should trade him.
    Wallace will definitely be in camp before he starts losing money. You can take that one to the bank!

I say change your pad Mike and get your *** to camp...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    The Steelers would never get a second round pick for him after week 10 and they may not even be able to get it for him now.
    I'd be willing to bet that they could get atleast a 2nd round pick for him from the Rams right now. Carolina too.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

rams, panthers, dolphins would all give up a second im sure. Patriots probably would too.

If they arent going to sign him they should be shopping him aggressively, not just leaving it alone

Thread Information