Thread: DeCastro, Essex, Ta'amu, & Keenan Lewis, minor injuries.

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

DeCastro, Essex, Ta'amu, & Keenan Lewis, minor injuries.

Both DeCastro and Essex rolled their ankles today in training camp. Tomlin listed them both as day to day.

Lewis landed on his right shoulder and sprained it.

Heath Miller still out and Tomlin gave Emmanuel Sanders and extra day off today as a precaution due to his durability problems in the past. He was seen with a sleeve on his knee.

Per Ken Laird: Te'Amu says he had a sprained foot "thought I broke it. Went on a long walk to Wal-Mart. I'm a rookie, they said it was a mile. It was 3"

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by BlitzburghRockCity; 07-29-2012 at 06:08 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Ta'amu did work out today so it's a major injury or something that should set him back in camp...but he knows though at least that Walmart is 3 miles now in stead of 1..LOL

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Steelers rookie Alameda Ta'amu sat out the first training camp practice of his NFL career due to a what he described as a bruised foot.Did he injure it during a pass-rushing drill? During a conditioning run? While in the weight room working out?

"Just went on a long walk to Wal-Mart," the 348-pound nose tackle said.

Apparently, the veterans had a little fun with the fourth-round pick out of Washington. St. Vincent College is nestled into a valley among the rolling hills of rural western Pennsylvania. A walk of any discernible distance likley involves steep grades and maybe even rough terrain.

"They said a mile," Ta'amu said of the length of the walk. "On my phone, it said it was like three miles."

Coach Mike Tomlin said Ta'amu was limited from practicing on Thursday and Friday, but Ta'amu was back on the practice field by Saturday. "I don't know what happened," Ta'amu said. "I thought I broke my foot... but it's all good."

By all indications, Ta'amu had two productive practice days, too. His size and strength stood out in passing-rushing drills in which he consistently pushed center Doug Legursky back into the backfield.

Drafted as the eventual heir apparent to five-time Pro Bowl nose tackle Casey Hampton, Ta'amu figures to have time to learn behind Hampton and backup Steve McLendon.

"I'm not saying I'm even close to being ready to yet," Ta'amu said after practice Sunday.Lacking experience, he's already smarter in that he knows not to be gullible to trust coniving veterans."I won't do that again," Ta'amu said.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/rapid-r.../post/19684133

2nd String
    Does this happen in other training camps? Either way, it seems injuries continue, albeit apparently minor up to this point. The fact is, they seem to happen with frequency. And frequent minor injuries will eventually lead to something at best a lingering problem and at worse a major injury. I know this is only training camp, and it gets pretty physical pretty fast, but color me worried. I hold my breath every day waiting for news of a season threatening injury to a key player.

everyone gets banged up, no on is in game shape right now. bruises, sprains, soreness, tightness are all common in the first 2 weeks especially

My Mood
    Addicted
    These are nothing really to be concerned about. Every team has them, every year.

My Mood
    Ornery
    Early camp injuries are as common as fans' overreaction to them.
    The Tradition Continues!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    By all indications, Ta'amu had two productive practice days, too. His size and strength stood out in passing-rushing drills in which he consistently pushed center Doug Legursky back into the backfield. <<<<This is nothing new He's a bum,
    i'm not worried about the minor bumps and bruises i just hope we don't get any major injuries...

2nd String
    Hey - I was *just about to overact * give me some credit!

Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGoldHaze View Post
    Early camp injuries are as common as fans' overreaction to them.

Thread Information