Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your Area of Concern

Bookmark and Share
    Rookie Free Agent Steelers/PSU Fan's Avatar

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    My areas are DL (sacks dropped off last season) and the kicking. I'm baffled on why they don't seriously address the kicker issue.
    Maybe they don't care about the kicker because they know our new offense isn't going to be kicking field goals....
    At least that is what I hope haha.
    Release the Keisel!

1. Cb and safety coverage
    2. Kicking, we need to get some more touchbacks and more fg's through this year. I dont want to be nervous for a 20 yard attempt is all.

DL isnt a concern, its a strength....sacks dropped last season because of injuries to both star OLBs. When they are both healthy this team is top 3 in sacks

my biggest concern is by far RB until someone steps up this crew is painfully average

My Mood
    Fine
    I'm not concerned about any areas of weakness ...

The "standard" is THE STANDARD with Mike Tomlin's Steelers ...

Right?

I'm here for the ride ... I'm just a fan ... Throwing my towel through the TV screen doesn't effect games ...

... that said, compared to last year's team, I do believe this current team will get through training camp and into the season in far better roster shape than they entered into last season ...

DL - More youth now and two thriving young 1st rounders ... Hamp being PUP'd matters not to me, because Hamp accounts for exactly zero sacks and maybe 20 tackles anyways ... Whoever replaces him will do just as much ...

OLB - Last year our OLB's were both hurt early and often ... could it have been a worse scenario? ... This year they are healthy and their backups are 1 year more experienced ...

CB - Out with the Gay McFadden's ... in with the young hungry youth! ...

S - Just as thin as always ... but WTF! ... Clark and Troy are top tier Pros ...

ILB - Farrior was a solid Steeler ... but let's face it, he was really getting old ... I like the "standard" to apply here most! ... LB has always been a Steelers strength, and we've had far many moments in our past just like this year's moment ... One or a few of our personnel there will step in and shine! ...

QB - a major weakness! ... Ben sucks and Batch is old ... Lefty is immoobile ... We should have offered Dixon a multi-million deal to stay here and lead our team to 15-1 ...

WR - Wallace is a bad situation ... this is the only really fluid situation I see right now ... maybe we will need to sign a veteran WR down the road ... maybe not? ...

TE - Strong situation from my vantage point ...

K/P - Who gives a flying f**k? ... The Steelers sure don't! ... Why should we?

OL - Major MAJOR upgrade here ... but the pot was just turned on and it's only beginning to brew right now ... we'll be smelling it soon enough my friends ...

RB - it's such a strength this year that it's scary! ... maybe the best in the NFL! ...

Haley - The BA bashing has finally seen its last breath of Ohio Valley winds ... Let the Haley bashing begin! ... especially after Heath drops a would be red zone TD pass and Ben takes an unforgiveable 15 yard sack inside the red zone and the offense wins several low scoring knock down drag out games on a final drive and a shaky Suisham FG ... but hey ... THAT'S STEELERS FOOTBALL MY FRIENDS! ... always has been ... always will be ... We're not the dink-dank-dunk Pastriots and we never will be! ... thank GOD!
    Last edited by The Lakelander; 07-30-2012 at 08:54 AM. Reason: missed making a poit
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    DL isnt a concern, its a strength....sacks dropped last season because of injuries to both star OLBs. When they are both healthy this team is top 3 in sacks

my biggest concern is by far RB until someone steps up this crew is painfully average
    Thanks K, I hope your right about the D-line but I just don't see it that way. I judge by the pressure up the middle which makes the QB have to step to either one side or the other. Then the DE's or LB's clean up. And I didn't see any push up the gut.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Also K,

I hear ya about the RB situation. It's not so much the talent but the lack of depth. I hate to admit it but having Cedric Benson around wouldn't be such a bad thing for depth purposes. If we are going to commit to the run like what has been advertised, then depth is a good thing.

But if defense only play 7 defenders around the LOS, then Dwyer (who has that initial burst over Redman) will do much damage.

Thanks K, I hope your right about the D-line but I just don't see it that way. I judge by the pressure up the middle which makes the QB have to step to either one side or the other. Then the DE's or LB's clean up. And I didn't see any push up the gut.
    heyward is going to see the field much more and he is incredible at the point of attack. Keisel is a stud at getting push and hood is meh but he can get around guys. Taamu is going to be a huge addition, and mcclendon looks like a monster. the lack of push up the middle last year had much to do with timmons being forced to play outside (where he was pretty terrible) and casey hampton having no explosion, which despite popular belief was something that made that gigantic man special, his quickness off the snap.

this dline rotation really is going to be badass
    Also K,

I hear ya about the RB situation. It's not so much the talent but the lack of depth. I hate to admit it but having Cedric Benson around wouldn't be such a bad thing for depth purposes. If we are going to commit to the run like what has been advertised, then depth is a good thing.

But if defense only play 7 defenders around the LOS, then Dwyer (who has that initial burst over Redman) will do much damage.
    IF dwyer is in good shape, which is still unclear to me (i just read about browns extension so im looking over updates now, ive bene out of the loop this weekend) AND the coaches actually stop the nonsensical redman love in favor of some other backs getting carries i think this group will be fine...keeping redman in full time would **** me off, for the first 6 weeks we get to see what we have behind mendenhall, then after that mendenhall gets a chance to show his worth to the team. should be interesting, id feel much more comfortable with benson though as insurance. he stated he would take anything he could get, at this point hes just trying to see if anyone will give him ANYTHING more than the vet min. Hes a good back, hed be a good addition for a 1 year deal imo

Injuries and Harrison possibly suspended for the season. Those are my concerns. It's been OL and corner but hopefully those are being addressed. Torrey Smith catching that pass in end zone last yr in Baltimore game is burned into my retina.

Smith catching that ball was one of my biggest low points last year. Because we out played them the majority of that game.

My Mood
    Clowns
    I wonder if the coaches will actually give Ta'amu the nod if he actually earns it in camp. You know how they love to play vets over young players anytime they can.

NT is not exactly a hard position to play in terms of how much you are moving around and reading coverages. When Hampton tells you that you basically stand up and hold your ground, moving a yd or two in either direction, it's pretty straight forward. He's just so huge that he could occuy the Center and Guard, allowing Hood or Keisel to be one on one and the linebackers end up with a much easier path to the QB.

I'm all for McLendon getting the job if he earns it but I want Ta'amu to have that same opportunity even being a rookie.

Thread Information