Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wallace Speed vs AB Agility & Vision vs Wards Intangibles?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel

Wallace Speed vs AB Agility & Vision vs Wards Intangibles?

So i guess the question is would you rather have Wallace's Speed, AB's Agility and Vision or Wards Intangibles (Hands, Blocking, Toughness, Route Running)?

This should be a nice debate, who is going first?
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'll try this one on. The easiest thing to say is that I want a receiver that can do all of that but honestly there really isn't one in the NFL except for maybe Fitzgerald but he doesn't have Wallace's speed although most everything else he's got and then some.

I want Wallace back as much as anyone simply because the team spent 3 years developing him and now they could decide to trade him after all this mess. All 3 players had things to like about them.

If I had to pick between the 3 though, I don't just want Wallace because he's fast. Track stars a dime a dozen and until Mikey proves he can catch the ball in traffic consistently and be able to adjust consistently then I'd rather have Brown.

My Mood
    Addicted
    For the complete body of work (and an intangible you don't mention) "heart", I will select Hines.

Call me old school, but Hines narrowly sqeaks out ahead of Antonio Brown. Ask me in a few years it may be different.

Who was the other player you mentioned?

C-town

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Agility kills? Intangibles kills?........................

Oh yeah, I forgot, speed is overrated.

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    For the complete body of work (and an intangible you don't mention) "heart", I will select Hines.

Call me old school, but Hines narrowly sqeaks out ahead of Antonio Brown. Ask me in a few years it may be different.

Who was the other player you mentioned?

C-town
    As a pure slot receiver, definitely. But when you add in the return game, Brown has to be ahead.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Agility kills? Intangibles kills?........................

Oh yeah, I forgot, speed is overrated.
    We get it.. You think Wallace is the greatest thing since the invention of the wheel. No need to keep banging your head against that wall.

OT: I think its a tough question. I would NEVER take Speed as the primary attribute of a WR. Sure, speed kills but if you cannot get open or catch the ball it is rather irrelevant. That said, out of the three you mention I would take Wallace all day. I love how clutch AB is, and I always admired Wards blocking, but Wallace is a better WR than either of them, primarily because he know how to use his speed to his advantage.

Second place I would pick Browns skillset. It is just flat out exciting to watch him play.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hines all day at this point. Maybe someday down the road MW or AB can change my mind. Just not quite yet. Both are great young WRs.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    If I had to pick between the 3 though, I don't just want Wallace because he's fast. Track stars a dime a dozen and until Mikey proves he can catch the ball in traffic consistently and be able to adjust consistently then I'd rather have Brown.
    This sums up the whole Wallace issue !!

Now onto the question at hand...I'll take Hines as of now, AB has to have some more improvment in his game before he can over take Hines,imho.

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I'll take Hines up until 2 years ago. Last year you could see that even though he was a gamer and didn't see the field much, it just wasn't the same as we've seen him in the past. Father time takes no prisoners and is undefeated.

In the long run I'm anxious to see who pans out better, AB or Wallace

Veteran
    Ward without question.

Thread Information