Ken Laird of the Pittsburgh Trib talked with Willie Colon about his new position. Here's part of the interview..

Have you embraced being a left guard, running that signature Steelers pulling-guard run?

“We run 36-Power a lot. Whatever my job is, I don’t look forward to any single play. If 36-Power is the call, I’m just going hit whatever is looking the opposite of me. Going inside is my whole game. I can just kind of bounce around and be the hunter. I like it so far.”

Do you know your new position enough to be able to help the new left tackles?
“I think a little bit, we’re kind of helping each other. But at the same time, I know how to prepare as a professional. I know what it takes to be ready on gameday, and whoever is next to me I know they’ll be ready, too.”

How much technique work do you have to do at camp?

“It’s all technique, you can’t be an offensive lineman without good mechanics and technique. That’s our whole day, that’s the only thing we do out here is work on technique. Other guys get to run around and look pretty. We’re back in the corner, working on footsteps and hitting pads. That’s our job, man, I wouldn’t want it any other way. You learn to love it at a very young age. And if you don’t love it, you won’t make it.”

He's a shoe in for that starting job at this point but for God sakes just stay healthy man!