Thread: No tailgating at SB.....

Bookmark and Share
    SA's Bouncer
    My Mood
    Addicted

No tailgating at SB.....

I got this off another forum, no links. Crazy huh?

(CBS4) MIAMI Die-hard football fans attending the Super Bowl game at Dolphin Stadium are getting a rude awakening after finding out that no tailgating of any type will be allowed within a one mile radius on game day.

"There is no tailgating allowed in the Dolphin Stadium parking lots," Sue Jaquez, a member of the Super Bowl XLI Host Committee, confirmed on Tuesday. "And there is no tailgating anywhere within a one-mile radius of the stadium." "And there are no RVs allowed."

Tailgating is permitted during regular- and post-season games for Dolphins fans, a team official on Tuesday said it would indeed be allowed at the Super Bowl. According to Jaquez, however, the official has been seriously misinformed.

The Dolphins do not organize and oversee the Super Bowl, Jaquez pointed out. Instead, those duties are left up to NFL officials. And because of security reasons, no pre-game partying on (or very near) the premises will take place. Fans spotted tailgating could face charges, Jaquez said.

"This is part of the NFL, not the Dolphins," Jaquez said. "If the Dolphins are saying there's tailgating -- or think it's going to be allowed -- then they need to contact the NFL."

Detective Nelda Fonticella of the Miami-Dade Police department confirmed the Super Bowl rules.

The rules put in force by the NFL prohibit grilling or consuming alcohol within on Dolphins Stadium grounds.

People "will be warned and asked to pick up their things and leave," Fonticella said. "We're trying to make this a pleasant experience for everyone, and there will be plenty to do in the week leading up to the game."

There is no law prohibiting tailgating outside of the stadium property.
    Last edited by DIESELMAN; 01-27-2007 at 12:11 AM.

If you don’t stand behind our troops.....Please feel free to stand in front of them!!!

"Give me a 6 pack, half hour of rest and lets go play them again....We can beat them."
    --Jack Lambert

"They say that when you're the champs, everybody will try to beat you. Well, I'm glad we're the champs, so bring 'em on, bring 'em all on. If we die, we ain't gonna die running. It's gonna be a fight."
    --Joe Greene

My Mood
    Addicted
    I have looked for something on this but didn't see anything.

http://www.superbowl.com/features/general_info

House of Steel
    The NO FUN LEAGUE STRIKES AGAIN!!!

SA First Blitzburgh Blitzburgh55's Avatar
    The whole bengals team will taligate and then all get arrsted

Spectator
    My Mood
    Happy
    Could you imagine 50,000 people sitting around getting drunk 5-6 hrs before the game
    "It is hard to wait around for something that you know may never happen;but it's even harder to let go when it's everything you want"
    -unknown

House of Steel
    what makes you think they are going to sit around and get drunk, Capt? There is a lot more to do then sit in a bar getting drunk. The NFL Experience is going and there is plenty to do in Miami.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Quote Originally Posted by Captcoolhand View Post
    Could you imagine 50,000 people sitting around getting drunk 5-6 hrs before the game
    That happens every week before every NFL game all over the country. People tailgate by the 10's of thousands and it goes off without a hitch most of the time. Sure there are idiots there that cause trouble what makes the NFL think that everybody who wants to drink won't just go to a local bar and show up to the game drunk ? or drink at home and then drive drunk to the stadium? !

The No Fun League definitely hits an all time high with this bunch of crap !

Thread Information