Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38

Thread: Penn St fined $60M, wins vacated from '98-11

  1. #21
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    And therein lies the problem, not one single person responsible for the coverup will suffer from the sanctions. Sandusky is in prison, Paterno is dead the other two are fired from their positions the only people suffering are the students.
    Again I say, there are obviously issues in a program where you turn the other cheek to multiple cases of child abuse. The football program at Penn State had to be punished, and they were. A well deserved punishment IMO.

  2. #22
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    I think I am going to start following Rugby, Aussie Rules. If it's worth a shitt I'll let you know.
    Rugby is a great sport to follow...Aussie rules football I can't comment on.

    Those of you who feel it's an unjust punishment, would you feel the same way if one of the boys was your son?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  3. #23
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,178
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Rugby is a great sport to follow...Aussie rules football I can't comment on.

    Those of you who feel it's an unjust punishment, would you feel the same way if one of the boys was your son?
    Yes, I'd want the people responsible punished not some damn football team. Explain how to me how these sanctions affect the guilty persons. I can agree with the fines levied against Penn St. But not against some kids that absolutly nothing to do with the crime.

    So you're ok with you being put on Megans list if it was found out that the previous owner of your home was a child molester and your neighbors covered it up ? After all you had nothing to do with it same as the football team had nothing to do with it.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  4. #24
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by RIVERS OF STEEL View Post
    I think I am going to start following Rugby, Aussie Rules. If it's worth a shitt I'll let you know.
    Aussie Rules is a great sport, but is being made progressively softer by the same desire to protect the head and stop concussions as we're seeing in the NFL.

    If you're looking for a team to support, I recommend the West Coast Eagles from my hometown of Perth, Western Australia.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  5. #25
    Draft Pick
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    412
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Oh, he only knew about one case? I get why he didn't speak up now..

    Everyone that knew about it royally ****ed up by not saying anything, and now they're paying for it. Simple as that. The second that you put your public image ahead of the lives of so many people is the second that you lose my respect, and should lose everyone's respect.
    I'm just saying it wasn't necessarily a huge cover up from his end, just a pretty monumental **** up in not doing more. It was accepted in the report that he did tell the administration. How was Jo to know they knew of more?

    I have no connection to Penn State. I just feel for all the new victims created as a result of this, that is the current students and those that now never had a college win.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

  6. #26
    LarryNJ's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    South Jersey
    Posts
    4,852
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    Yes, I'd want the people responsible punished not some damn football team. Explain how to me how these sanctions affect the guilty persons. I can agree with the fines levied against Penn St. But not against some kids that absolutly nothing to do with the crime.

    So you're ok with you being put on Megans list if it was found out that the previous owner of your home was a child molester and your neighbors covered it up ? After all you had nothing to do with it same as the football team had nothing to do with it.
    Are you serious with the Megans list analogy? The entire problem started because of attitudes that the "Football team" must be protected. Now you still want to protect them. The guys responsible for the heinous crimes did it because they were trying to protect the football team...of course the friggin football team should be punished. It was child rape that occurred time and time again. Had Paterno and his crew did the right thing the many kids would have been spared Sandusky. As far as the kids on the current team, transfer it's as simple as that. There are 100's of schools that would love to have them on their team.

    Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    Aussie Rules is a great sport, but is being made progressively softer by the same desire to protect the head and stop concussions as we're seeing in the NFL.

    If you're looking for a team to support, I recommend the West Coast Eagles from my hometown of Perth, Western Australia.


    Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
    I actually follow the Western Force from Perth!
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

  7. #27
    steelersbabex25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    College Park, MD
    Posts
    12,055
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Are you serious with the Megans list analogy? The entire problem started because of attitudes that the "Football team" must be protected. Now you still want to protect them. The guys responsible for the heinous crimes did it because they were trying to protect the football team...of course the friggin football team should be punished. It was child rape that occurred time and time again. Had Paterno and his crew did the right thing the many kids would have been spared Sandusky. As far as the kids on the current team, transfer it's as simple as that. There are 100's of schools that would love to have them on their team.
    Agree whole heatedly with what you're saying, but it isn't so easy to transfer. I have some friends who work in the admissions department at UMD, and they've been getting calls from a bunch of the Penn State players and a ton of the students at Penn State asking UMD to extend the transfer deadline so they can get out of Penn State, but we can't. It's sad.

  8. #28
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,178
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Are you serious with the Megans list analogy? The entire problem started because of attitudes that the "Football team" must be protected. Now you still want to protect them. The guys responsible for the heinous crimes did it because they were trying to protect the football team...of course the friggin football team should be punished. It was child rape that occurred time and time again. Had Paterno and his crew did the right thing the many kids would have been spared Sandusky. As far as the kids on the current team, transfer it's as simple as that. There are 100's of schools that would love to have them on their team.



    I actually follow the Western Force from Perth!
    So the bottom line is, as long as the football team is punished you could care less that nothing is being done to the criminals.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

  9. #29
    lloydfan4life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    York, Pennsylvania
    Posts
    4,195
    Quote Originally Posted by jpele View Post
    So the bottom line is, as long as the football team is punished you could care less that nothing is being done to the criminals.

    Sent from my Kindle Fire using Tapatalk 2
    Wow.... that's a pretty huge leap from what he actually said, don't ya think?


    "Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

  10. #30
    Veteran jpele's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Home of Yuengling Brewery
    Posts
    2,178
    My Mood
    Sunshine
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    Wow.... that's a pretty huge leap from what he actually said, don't ya think?
    No I don't , he states outright the team needs to be punished . I'll ask once again how do these sanctions punish the guilty persons? The fine will benifit future victims and nothing else.

    Why aren't they demanding that every trustee step down and take away the pensions of everyone connected to this mess. The joke that is the ncaa didn't even investigate the situation they took the word of someone else.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 49
    Last Post: 11-10-2011, 06:07 PM
  2. Replies: 30
    Last Post: 10-24-2011, 06:15 PM
  3. McClain to be fined... Update, McClain & Ngata both fined
    By RIVERS OF STEEL in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 12-07-2010, 12:13 PM
  4. Seymour only fined 25k
    By jnes1216 in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 44
    Last Post: 11-23-2010, 11:10 AM
  5. Harrison fined $75k
    By harpo in forum Steelers Talk
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 10-20-2010, 03:09 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •