Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Penn St fined $60M, wins vacated from '98-11

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlacknGold Bleeder View Post
    This is about the most ridiculous reasoning I have seen yet.
    Don't hate. I think everyone on this site is just a little biased because a lot of you have ties to Penn State. It's so annoying seeing ignorant posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc, about how any type of action is so unwarranted and everything the NCAA is doing is so ridiculous. I'm sorry, but there are obviously things that need to be fixed in that program and maybe this action will give them a kick in the *** to do it. I don't fully agree with the extreme measures taken but the reputation of the school and its football program was one of the main motives for 'turning the blind eye'. The people involved put public image before the health and safety of children and now it's just catching up to them.

You tell me not to hate, but hate is the only reason your giving,lol. I don't have ties to Penn State unless I count nieces and nephews going there. I have never been a fan of Joe Pa and the whole State culture, I'm a hometown guy and root for Pitt first.
    How is the program responsible for what a few men choose to hide and sweep under the rug?? Other then this unfortunate incident they have had few or no infractions of NCAA rules,at least haven't been caught. So my question is why does the school have to suffer because of the actions of a few men??

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

Draft Pick
    Quote Originally Posted by steelersbabex25 View Post
    Don't hate. I think everyone on this site is just a little biased because a lot of you have ties to Penn State. It's so annoying seeing ignorant posts on Facebook, Twitter, etc, about how any type of action is so unwarranted and everything the NCAA is doing is so ridiculous. I'm sorry, but there are obviously things that need to be fixed in that program and maybe this action will give them a kick in the *** to do it. I don't fully agree with the extreme measures taken but the reputation of the school and its football program was one of the main motives for 'turning the blind eye'. The people involved put public image before the health and safety of children and now it's just catching up to them.

So, as you hate everyone you know who goes to Penn state and almost everyone on this site has you're to Penn state, are you saying you hate almost everyone on this site? Seems odd, considering how much time you spend on here...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

My Mood
    Addicted
    Hm, seems like you're twisting my words quite a bit. First off, the comment about not liking everyone I know who goes to Penn State was a bit of a joke. If you knew me on this site you'd probably know that I usually have a serious reason for everything, which I did state. There's obviously issues in a program where multiple men know about a child molestation issue involving a man within their own program. Maybe they should have thought of this before. The entire university, the president, Joe Paterno, everyone knew about this for 14 years and didn't say anything. Somewhere there, there's an issue.

Draft Pick
    Hm, seems like you're twisting my words quite a bit. First off, the comment about not liking everyone I know who goes to Penn State was a bit of a joke. If you knew me on this site you'd probably know that I usually have a serious reason for everything, which I did state. There's obviously issues in a program where multiple men know about a child molestation issue involving a man within their own program. Maybe they should have thought of this before. The entire university, the president, Joe Paterno, everyone knew about this for 14 years and didn't say anything. Somewhere there, there's an issue.
    I'm surprised you didn't say you were joking before when initially called out for the comment before then.

I was under the impression from this report only 4 people knew. And then, not about every case. I thought Joe Pa only knew about the one case for example. No excuses for not pushing harder once he did, but it as hardly a monumental conspiracy where "the entire university" knew about it.

My Mood
    Pimp
    USC already trying to poach Silas Redd from the PSU roster.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by greennick View Post
    I'm surprised you didn't say you were joking before when initially called out for the comment before then.

I was under the impression from this report only 4 people knew. And then, not about every case. I thought Joe Pa only knew about the one case for example. No excuses for not pushing harder once he did, but it as hardly a monumental conspiracy where "the entire university" knew about it.

Oh, he only knew about one case? I get why he didn't speak up now..

Everyone that knew about it royally ****ed up by not saying anything, and now they're paying for it. Simple as that. The second that you put your public image ahead of the lives of so many people is the second that you lose my respect, and should lose everyone's respect.

My Mood
    Sunshine

Everyone that knew about it royally ****ed up by not saying anything, and now they're paying for it. Simple as that..
    And therein lies the problem, not one single person responsible for the coverup will suffer from the sanctions. Sandusky is in prison, Paterno is dead the other two are fired from their positions the only people suffering are the students.
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Addicted
    Oh, he only knew about one case? I get why he didn't speak up now..

Everyone that knew about it royally ****ed up by not saying anything, and now they're paying for it. Simple as that. The second that you put your public image ahead of the lives of so many people is the second that you lose my respect, and should lose everyone's respect.

THANK U SteelerBabex25 i agree 1000% with u and i cosign, i have NO respect for Pedophile State they should close that wicked place down...

Assistant Coach RIVERS OF STEEL's Avatar
    My Mood
    Where
    I think I am going to start following Rugby, Aussie Rules. If it's worth a shitt I'll let you know.

And their fans.

Thread Information