Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Sanders in for Wallace if things don't change?

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    I could be wrong but reading a lot of quotes about Wallace this off season, you would think that this guy is equal to Troy Edwards, while AB is equal to jerry rice.

Both guys are very good, with the ability to be great. Sanders could be that way too if he stays healthy.

So why all the negativity surrounding Wallace?
    Let the negotiations run their course and hopefully we can enjoy all 3 players plus cotchery on the field this season.
    on the cusp of a holdout and only outplayed his team mate receivers when he should have scored at least 25 TDs and rewrote the record book last year in order to warrant a pay raise

the funny thing is i see a lot of wallace is an *******, wallace is a diva, wallace is quitting on his team....hes really a nice guy lol, all 3 of them are

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Raleigh Steel View Post
    I could be wrong but reading a lot of quotes about Wallace this off season, you would think that this guy is equal to Troy Edwards, while AB is equal to jerry rice.

Both guys are very good, with the ability to be great. Sanders could be that way too if he stays healthy.

So why all the negativity surrounding Wallace?
    Let the negotiations run their course and hopefully we can enjoy all 3 players plus cotchery on the field this season.
    Troy Edwards....really?.........You're way off.....Edwards was a first round pick and was a total reach.....The Steelers should have never drafted Edwards were he was picked.....I can't remember off hand but he was around 11th or 13th overall pick in the 99 draft.......Edwards had a solid rookie year and then dropped off big time.......

Mike Wallace was a third round pick who keeps getting better and better........

Please don't compare any WR to Jerry Rice....Nobody compares to Rice........

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    brown is not a better route runner than wallace, his routes are atrocious. watch clips, even when ben gets him the ball he looks at him like wtf were you doing.

Its something they all need to work on, nate washington had the deep threat only label but he actually grew into a decent route runner, wallace has done the same thing.

also, cedric wilson was the best route runner of ward/wilson/el....look what that got him
    Not tooo sure Wallace is a great route runner either. What was a game last year Ben was in Wallace's arse. They definately were not on the same page at the end of the year and Brown became Ben's "golden boy", no doubt. Wallace isn't doing anyone (including himself) favors right now.

DeCastro is signed, there are no more excuses, sign your tender (per CBA agreement) and get your arse to camp. Then you can work on a long term deal ala Lamaar Woodley. You wont hold the Steeler hostage, ask Mike Merriweather how that works.

i woldnt call wallace a great one, but hes not as bad as hes made out to be...he used to be just a 9 route guy, but hes improved greatly. i know the play you are talking about, it was a slant lol, the announcers made such a big deal of ben getting on wallace that play

I think I'm gonna bow out of threads containing Mike Wallace for a while. Some of these comments are beyond ridiculous and getting worse, lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I think I'm gonna bow out of threads containing Mike Wallace for a while. Some of these comments are beyond ridiculous and getting worse, lol!!!
    Completely agree

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Wallace is not an *******, traitor or anything so absurd. But he's not the brightest bulb in the light store if you think you can arm twist the Steelers front office into giving you more money before they are ready to.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Wallace is not an *******, traitor or anything so absurd. But he's not the brightest bulb in the light store if you think you can arm twist the Steelers front office into giving you more money before they are ready to.
    Agreed.

My Mood
    Frustrated
    BG 32, please re-read my post. You totally missed my point!
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

My Mood
    Addicted
    I bow out, I think the points are being misread or misinterpreted.

C-town

Thread Information