Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders in for Wallace if things don't change?

Bookmark and Share
    Banned
    No clear cut number 1 between the three? Completely and utterly laughable. It's amazing what missing a couple OTAs can do to someone's reputation around here.

But don't you ever, ever talk bad about the "can do no wrong" Hines Ward. He's a choir boy. Holding out from training camp in 2005 wasn't his fault.

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    With the "exception" of about 20,000 yards and 180 TDs, Weegie Thompson was just as good as Jerry Rice...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    With the "exception" of about 20,000 yards and 180 TDs, Weegie Thompson was just as good as Jerry Rice...
    The man could block though lol

Banned
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    True! I remember when Ronnie Lott had nothing but good things to say about Weegie the year the Steelers were the only team to beat the Niners. He hit Lott over and over again the entire game.

Perhaps I need to amend my earlier statement: "With the "exception" of blocking, Jerry Rice was just as good as Weegie Thompson." :-)

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    No clear cut number 1 between the three? Completely and utterly laughable. It's amazing what missing a couple OTAs can do to someone's reputation around here.

But don't you ever, ever talk bad about the "can do no wrong" Hines Ward. He's a choir boy. Holding out from training camp in 2005 wasn't his fault.
    Thank you and I mentioned Hines Wards hold out in 2005 but somebody told me it doesn't compare to Wallace.......So far Wallace has missed OTA's......Which are over-rated......The only reason OTA's seem like a big deal these days is the non stop coverage of the NFL with the NFL Network and ESPN with their countless NFL shows......Really I don't care if Wallace holds out during camp.....Now if he is misses games then it becomes a big deal....I'm still confident a new deal will be reached before the season......At most Wallace might miss is a the first couple weeks of camp......

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    When they were all drafted Sanders was the better of them, and he made the field faster than Wallace and Brown, Sanders ONLY issue is staying healthy, with the addition of Rainey and Clemons if Clemons proves to be a quick study he and Rainey could make us all forget about Wallace,Clemons ran a 4.36 at his pro day plus he has the height, but if we go with Brown ,Sanders, Cotchery, Miller,and Rainey i think we will still have a dangerous group of receivers, i'll just be glad when the Wallace drama is done with.
    Stop just stop....this is beyond laughable.......I like both Rainey and Clemons but both were drafted in 5th and 7th rounds for reasons........Saying those two will make us forget about Mike Wallace is ridiculous......Both Rainey or Clemons havn't even taken a snap in training camp yet......Both have to make the team first.......

I'm saying a prayer right now.....Dear God, please have Mike Wallace sign soon so the madness can stop....Some within the Stiller Nation have lost their minds.........Thank You.....BGF32.................

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Stop just stop...

I'm saying a prayer right now.....Dear God, please have Mike Wallace sign soon so the madness can stop....Some within the Stiller Nation have lost their minds.........Thank You.....BGF32.................
    LMFAO! I said that same prayer last week.

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    LMFAO! I said that same prayer last week.
    Man its just really getting out of hand and really over blown......Mike Wallace really isn't holding out yet and plus comments of get his *** back to the team is really interesting since there isn't any team work outs going on at the moment....lol New rules put in place restrict how much time NFL players can work out at a teams facilities......Yea Wallace missed OTA's which are over-rated.........Football in shorts....lol

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    8-2 TDs is huge, and in their first two years 16-2 is incredibly huge

I hear ya K but Wallace had a chance to get on the field before Brown minus Browns injuries. Wallace is the so called, " #1" because he's had more time but is he really the clear number 1 WR on this team? Time will tell. But....my point is that if a guy isn't the clear cut # 1 WR on his own team, then how much money can he really command? That's my point.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    I could be wrong but reading a lot of quotes about Wallace this off season, you would think that this guy is equal to Troy Edwards, while AB is equal to jerry rice.

Both guys are very good, with the ability to be great. Sanders could be that way too if he stays healthy.

So why all the negativity surrounding Wallace?
    Let the negotiations run their course and hopefully we can enjoy all 3 players plus cotchery on the field this season.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information