Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Sanders in for Wallace if things don't change?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Sanders is the best route runner of the three from what I know, Wallace doesn't even come close in that department. Until he shows he can come back to the ball and catch it in traffic consistently he's still just a deep threat.

I don't know that it will even come down to this but if Wallace does hold out longer, Sanders is going to be the beneficiary of that.

My Mood
    Addicted
    When they were all drafted Sanders was the better of them, and he made the field faster than Wallace and Brown, Sanders ONLY issue is staying healthy, with the addition of Rainey and Clemons if Clemons proves to be a quick study he and Rainey could make us all forget about Wallace,Clemons ran a 4.36 at his pro day plus he has the height, but if we go with Brown ,Sanders, Cotchery, Miller,and Rainey i think we will still have a dangerous group of receivers, i'll just be glad when the Wallace drama is done with.

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    When they were all drafted Sanders was the better of them, and he made the field faster than Wallace and Brown, Sanders ONLY issue is staying healthy
    I dont understand your post. Wallace was drafted a year before sanders and brown. In 2010, when Sanders and Brown were drafted, Wallace was a starter (the no. 1 WR) put up 1250 yards and 10 Tds. Sanders had 376 yards and 2 Tds.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    I dont understand your post. Wallace was drafted a year before sanders and brown. In 2010, when Sanders and Brown were drafted, Wallace was a starter (the no. 1 WR) put up 1250 yards and 10 Tds. Sanders had 376 yards and 2 Tds.
    wallace also had a 100 yard game in his 3rd game.

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    wallace also had a 100 yard game in his 3rd game.
    Exactly, and had receptions in the first 2 games of his rookie year. Sanders didn't have a reception until half way though his rookie year. Don't get me wrong, I'm pretty high on Sanders and think he can be every bit as productive as AB.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Sanders is the best route runner of the three from what I know, Wallace doesn't even come close in that department. Until he shows he can come back to the ball and catch it in traffic consistently he's still just a deep threat.

I don't know that it will even come down to this but if Wallace does hold out longer, Sanders is going to be the beneficiary of that.

Exactly!! And Brown is a better route runner too then Wallace. This "idea" that Wallace is the clear cut # 1 WR around here is hog wash! How can a guy ask for big money when he hasn't even proven he's the best WR on his team??
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

brown is not a better route runner than wallace, his routes are atrocious. watch clips, even when ben gets him the ball he looks at him like wtf were you doing.

Its something they all need to work on, nate washington had the deep threat only label but he actually grew into a decent route runner, wallace has done the same thing.

also, cedric wilson was the best route runner of ward/wilson/el....look what that got him

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    Exactly!! And Brown is a better route runner too then Wallace. This "idea" that Wallace is the clear cut # 1 WR around here is hog wash! How can a guy ask for big money when he hasn't even proven he's the best WR on his team??
    I couldn't agree more. The numbers between Brown and Wallace last year were almost identical (with the exception of TDs, 8 vs. 2) and I believe Wallace played 16 games to Brown's 15 games. I don't think between Wallace, Brown, or Sanders there is a clear #1. Don't forget Crothery is in the mix as well, with his first year under his belt. I don't think we really need to sink $12 - $15 million into Wallace.

Just my opinion.

C-town

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    There is NO WAY that Sanders can be in the discussion as the "number 1" and 6 TDs (8 to 2) is a pretty darn big "exception."

And look at the tapes of last year. Wallace always drew a corner and saftey help over the top. Are you telling me that Brown did not benefit A LOT from that?
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

8-2 TDs is huge, and in their first two years 16-2 is incredibly huge

Thread Information