Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Vick sees potential dynasty with Eagles...

Bookmark and Share
    What did Vick do last year that makes you think that?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

not so much last year, they were a mess last year and were exposed at LB, castillo was running a terrible scheme on defense and played nnamdi in zone like samuel when hes a press man corner. In 2010 vick was brilliant as a passer andy reid did wonders for him in that aspect of his game

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    not so much last year, they were a mess last year and were exposed at LB, castillo was running a terrible scheme on defense and played nnamdi in zone like samuel when hes a press man corner. In 2010 vick was brilliant as a passer andy reid did wonders for him in that aspect of his game
    Yes they were a mess on D last year...I mean what did Vick show you last year? Sure he was good in 2010 because teams blitzed him and that wasn't the way to play him. Last year they figured it out, they sat back in coverage and Vick was lost, hence all the int's. We'll see if he adjust this year, I doubt it because really he's not the brightness star in the sky.
    -Wayne Dyer

you also have desean jackson running lazy, sloppy routes last year...maybe he shows up this season

I think Desean will show up, he's been paid.
    -Wayne Dyer

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I don't know about Dynasty, but if you look at that division, no one has won it two years in a row. It's too tough. So considering how the strike affected them (bunch of new guys with no camp and a chip on their shoulders) I see them winning that division. But I don't see them getting past Green Bay or Chicago who I think are the two teams that will come out the NFC for the Super Bowl.

For them to even go to the Super Bowl, Vick would have to play the QB position at a higher and more consistent level then he's ever done before. And I just don't see that from him. At this point in a career, you are what you are.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

[QUOTE=Real Deal Steel;500035]I don't know about Dynasty, but if you look at that division, no one has won it two years in a row. It's too tough. I see them winning that division. But I don't see them getting past Green Bay or Chicago who I think are the two teams that will come out the NFC for the Super Bowl. [QUOTE]

The NFC has been a toss up for the last handful of years. Green Bay and San Fran should be tops in the NFC this year. Looking at the NFC East: Dallas is a complete enigma! They could go 14-2 or 6-10 so I wouldnt count them out. Washington, on paper, improved their roster A TON this offseason. Though they had a pityful record they played in alot of close games against some good teams and beat the NYG twice. And the Giants are the reigning champs, though they lost alot in this offseason to FA and even a few injuries, that DL will keep them in any game.

Im a Mike Vick fan (shut up, its my own opinion LOL) but him and that offense are going to have to put up some SERIOUS points because their D was ****-poor last year. With Shady, Macklin, D-Jack and Vick they are as scary as any offense in the league in terms of firepower. Vick staying healthy and upright should combat the turnovers that plagued him last year, but that defense will keep them from being a serious Super Bowl contender, let alone DYNASTY or Dreamteam!

My Mood
    Sunshine
    Mike can't be far off with his statement, last year they were the " dream team" next step up would be " dynasty".
    It's no fun when the rabbit has the gun

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Even Vick does not take the statement seriously.

The guy is trying to sell books. Because of the dogfighting fiasco, this is the most outlandish thing he can say without being roundly criticized. However, it gets him in the media all of whom will compliantly remind the reader that Vick has a new book out.

In a nutshell, he said it to market his book.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I don't buy Vick's comments for a second. I get that he wants to have confidence in his team but he'd be better off predicting that he'll stay healthy before using words like dynasty and dream team.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Thread Information