Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Vick sees potential dynasty with Eagles...

Bookmark and Share

Vick sees potential dynasty with Eagles...

Could this Eagles team become a dynasty?

Michael Vick discusses the promise he sees in the current Eagles' squad. 7/17/12
    Vick talks about his book 'Finally Free'

Michael Vick talks about why he decided to write his new book "Finally Free". 7/18/12

The 49ers won three Super Bowls from 1988 through 1994. The Cowboys won three from 1992 through 1995. The Packers went to back-to-back Super Bowls in 1995 and 1996.

When Michael Vick looks at his team, his Eagles, that’s what he sees.

“When I look at our football team and what we have on paper, I think about when I was growing up and the great San Francisco 49er teams, the great Green Bay Packer teams, and the great Dallas Cowboy teams, how they just positioned themselves to compete and be one of the best teams out there,” Vick said.

“I think we have a chance to be that. I think we have a chance to develop a dynasty.”

Vick, entering his fourth year with the Eagles, spoke with CSN’s Derrick Gunn on Tuesday as training camp at Lehigh University approaches.

“I think it's just a mind-set for my organization on down to the players,” he said. “We know we can do it. We know what we have, that's the great thing about it. We know what we have as a team, as an organization and what better position to be in than to know that you have an opportunity?”

Vick is 15-9 as a starter with the Eagles with 40 touchdowns and 20 interceptions, but the Eagles lost their only playoff game with him at quarterback, against the Packers in 2010, and haven’t won a playoff game since 2008.

“I think just getting to the postseason right now is our focus,” he said. “The Super Bowl is going to come if it's meant to happen. Some of the best teams have some of the best luck. Maybe we'll have some of that. I think our focus needs to be one game at a time, just getting into the postseason.

“That mind-set has kind of changed a little bit even though that's the common goal. I think you have to take it in phases and stages, and we'll see what happens."

The main theme for the off-season has been whether Vick can reduce his turnovers. The Eagles are 8-1 when he doesn’t throw an interception and 6-8 when he does.

“I just have to make everyone on the outside looking in a believer,” he said. “It's going to be tough, but it's all about discipline and I can't get out on the field making crazy, hasty decisions when there's no need to, so I'm focused. I'm ready to go.”

Vick is scheduled to report to Lehigh with the rookies and other quarterbacks on Sunday. That group, along with players who were injured last year, will practice on Monday. The rest of the team will report Wednesday and practice Thursday. The first full-team practice open to the public is a week from Friday.

“I'm very excited about heading into this training camp,” Vick said. “I think it's going to be great for everybody. I think our entire team is looking forward to it. I think our entire organization is looking forward to it.

“We’re in a special place right now. ... We believe that we have a lot to accomplish, and we believe we can do it. and I think that's where it all starts, with your faith.”

First off how do you not mention the greatest dynasty of all...the STEELERS ??!!
    Second off shouldn't ya win more then 1 playoff game before you start calling yourself a potential Dynasty?? Drug tests should be ordered !!

BITE ME ICS!...Woodsonsgirl

My Mood
    Addicted
    Vick's an idiot.

They are one player away from having a very good team. Too bad that one position is yours Mike.

Really who would buy his book? And why would they buy it?
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    Apparently Vick has been smoking some potent weed.....its made him dillusional.......maybe if he takes himself out of the equation, they could succeed, but dynasty aint happening as long as him and Andy "The Hamburglar" Reid are part of that organization.
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Shouldn't this post be in the Comedy Central forum?

Tailgating in the 'burgh

My Mood
    Addicted
    Well I got my laugh for the day.

i dont get what the big deal is, they have either great young players or damn near elite veteran players at most positions. andy reed is holding them back, them becoming a dynasty is one of my worst sports nightmares but its not THAT outlandish, i dont think the giants had a 2 superbowl roster in them

Vick isn't the QB to get them to the promise land, sorry Mike!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i dont get what the big deal is, they have either great young players or damn near elite veteran players at most positions. andy reed is holding them back, them becoming a dynasty is one of my worst sports nightmares but its not THAT outlandish, i dont think the giants had a 2 superbowl roster in them

Great running back, very good O line, very good wr's, very good D-line, very good CB's, the were weak at LB & safety but seemed to have upgraded there. Vick & Reed are their 2 weak links, although it took Cowher many years to learn how to win in the playoffs maybe Andy has it figured out.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
    Great running back, very good O line, very good wr's, very good D-line, very good CB's, the were weak at LB & safety but seemed to have upgraded there. Vick & Reed are their 2 weak links, although it took Cowher many years to learn how to win in the playoffs maybe Andy has it figured out.
    I dont consider vick as weak of a link as he used to be, he has figured out how to pass the ball much better, if he stays healthy he could be the next guy who cant to become the guy who did. The upgraded at safety with Atogwe and they drafted Mychal Kendricks to play LB....this team isnt very far away from being very good

Thread Information