Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Still Optimistic They'll Sign WR Mike Wallace Before Training Camp

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    We can use Rainey to take the top of the defense?........Yea since Chris Rainey has proven so much at the NFL level?.....lol I like the Rainey pick but man lets watch statements like this until Rainey actually takes an NFL snap.....

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Wallace bumped his head! I just read something that said Wallace said he has more yards than Rice& Moss i there first 3 seasons .Wallace isn't even the best reciever on the team that would be AB Wallace is fast but his hands are a little suspectand he body catches too much.We can use Rainey to take the top off the defense . good bye mike!
    wallace is the best WR on the team, and wallace does have more yards than a lot of great receivers did their first 3 years, its not easy to contribute as a WR early on let alone become a #1....the best is yet to come with wallace, its laughable you dont see that just because of a POTENTIAL holdout

My Mood
    Addicted
    He has no choice but to sign or return. One way or another he owes the Steelers a year and maybe two if they franchise him.

The F.O. Has him played like a cheap banjo and his only recourse is to sign or retire.

I say he signs the tender (worth approximately 2.7 million) and the Steelers tag him the following year (worth approximately 9 million) and he averages about 5.85 million for the next 2 seasons. Game, set, match, F.O.

That gives both sides enough time to work on a long term agreement ala Lamaar Woodley.

C-town

I agree with you...

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    He has no choice but to sign or return. One way or another he owes the Steelers a year and maybe two if they franchise him.

The F.O. Has him played like a cheap banjo and his only recourse is to sign or retire.

I say he signs the tender (worth approximately 2.7 million) and the Steelers tag him the following year (worth approximately 9 million) and he averages about 5.85 million for the next 2 seasons. Game, set, match, F.O.

That gives both sides enough time to work on a long term agreement ala Lamaar Woodley.

C-town

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Say away Mike. You can make the front office do what you want. You show 'em. Just stay away.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    Wallace bumped his head! I just read something that said Wallace said he has more yards than Rice& Moss i there first 3 seasons .Wallace isn't even the best reciever on the team that would be AB Wallace is fast but his hands are a little suspectand he body catches too much.We can use Rainey to take the top off the defense . good bye mike!
    You're Joking, right?

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post

C-town
    Thats the EXACT reason why IMO he hasnt signed! Look around the league: $5.85 mil/year is $1 mil less than Stevie Johnson money with ZERO job security. In comparison Vincent Jackson signed this season for 5 years $55 mil. In Jacksons BEST three seasons he totalled ~3300 yards 25 TDs - Wallaces FIRST 3 years totalled 3200 yards 24 tds! He deserves V-Jac money! He deserves more. If the Steelers arent willing to atleast give him $10-11 mil/year, then I cant blame the guy for holding out! I'd hate to see it happen, i dont think it will happen!
    Last edited by steelcitysfinestXL; 07-16-2012 at 05:21 PM.

My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    I dont care as long as he makes it to the start of camp and they dont break the bank where we cant fit AB in next year. E. Sanders might be the guy left out in the long run but Id rather have Wallace than Sanders.

We all know we have the offensive potential to be very, very explosive. I just hope we can get all the pieces into place at the start of camp so were all on the same page from the get go. It will take time for us to jell as a unit... with everyone in place hopefully the learning curve is sooner rather than later...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Yawn... I'm over the Wallace thing. Sign him or don't... Blah Blah Blah.

He'll sign at some point when he realizes he can't bully them into more money than they are comfortable giving him.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness
    Well said, i agree,i say trade him for Percy Harvin and keep it movin....

Quote Originally Posted by CLEVELANDSTEEL View Post
    Well said, i agree,i say trade him for Percy Harvin and keep it movin....
    Thats about the worst idea I've heard all offseason!!! I have a hard time understanding why people are so upset with Wallace. If we're talking hold out come late August then by all means, take your shots! But its a lil early and hes too god to write him off when he hasn't done anything wrong!

Thread Information