Page 5 of 33 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Still Optimistic They'll Sign WR Mike Wallace Before Training Camp

Bookmark and Share
    holmes had 2587 and 15 TDs in 3 years and holmes was a stud for us, but wallace is just average and drops everything lol

Wallace will sign a deal by the weekend I'm betting!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    holmes had 2587 and 15 TDs in 3 years and holmes was a stud for us, but wallace is just average and drops everything lol
    TOUCHE KTrain i got a little winey at least i can admit it

Exactly!!!

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    TOUCHE KTrain i got a little winey at least i can admit it

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He is ridiculously fast and you cannot teach that, but teams started to gameplan against it and his production went down.
    And Brown's production went up.

The notion that Brown is better than Wallace confuses me. Although he may someday prove to be better than Wallace, Brown's success can be directly correlated to other teams gameplanning against Wallace. You can gameplan around one but not two good receivers. If you take Wallace out of the equation, Brown's production will drop unless you replace Wallace with someone equally scary to opposing DCs. Sanders is not that guy yet although I can see him becoming him someday.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    And Brown's production went up.

The notion that Brown is better than Wallace confuses me. Although he may someday prove to be better than Wallace, Brown's success can be directly correlated to other teams gameplanning against Wallace. You can gameplan around one but not two good receivers. If you take Wallace out of the equation, Brown's production will drop unless you replace Wallace with someone equally scary to opposing DCs. Sanders is not that guy yet although I can see him becoming him someday.
    its just taking what the defense gives you. Brown came up big for us but his success is a direct correlation to wallace being across from him, especially since brown is a horrid route runner. He legit makes a living off being welker-like in catching underneath passes and running very unusual routes to get open when a play breaks down. its going to be hard to evaluate him as an outside WR until he plays under haley...he could be a stud again but he could be out classed by sanders too who is a brilliant route runner.

ive loved brown more than sanders since day one, but sanders could be poised for a breakout year and it wouldnt surprise me to see brown not match last years numbers

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    its just taking what the defense gives you. Brown came up big for us but his success is a direct correlation to wallace being across from him, especially since brown is a horrid route runner. He legit makes a living off being welker-like in catching underneath passes and running very unusual routes to get open when a play breaks down. its going to be hard to evaluate him as an outside WR until he plays under haley...he could be a stud again but he could be out classed by sanders too who is a brilliant route runner.

ive loved brown more than sanders since day one, but sanders could be poised for a breakout year and it wouldnt surprise me to see brown not match last years numbers
    I agree 100%.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    I really don't care who is better or who I prefer.....I think we can agree that Wallace, Brown, Sanders gives the Steelers young talented WR's that offer different things ability wise.......All three should be kept together as long as possible......

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    I really don't care who is better or who I prefer.....I think we can agree that Wallace, Brown, Sanders gives the Steelers young talented WR's that offer different things ability wise.......All three should be kept together as long as possible......
    Agreed but is it realistic? Sanders and Brown become RFA's after this season (I believe). Wallace will be an UFA after this season if no long-term deal is agreed upon. That will be A LOT of money spent on the WR position, more than the Steelers traditionally spend. The team has some important decisions to make and I doubt that all three will be with us after this season, maybe next.

Thread Information