Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 212930313233 LastLast

Thread: Steelers Still Optimistic They'll Sign WR Mike Wallace Before Training Camp

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by LatrobePA View Post
    Hmmmm:

The Steelers are expected to listen to trade offers for Wallace, and Ed Bouchette of the Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has “guessed” that he might only cost a fourth-round pick. If the monetary price has come down, too, then perhaps a team looking for a playmaker will be willing to pay those costs, and the receiver nicknamed “60 Minutes” will be playing ball in a different locale in 2012.
    Thy article was written before Colbert said Wallace wasn't available for trade. I was just pointing out that Wallace is asking for Vincent Jackson money (which he deserves), not fitz money.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    **** that, id rather make him sit out all year and **** him in getting a long term deal anywhere than give him up for a 4th. i would be FURIOUS. If deion ****ing branch can warrant a first, wallace definitely can. Anything less than a second is straight up allowing robbery and would be an abortion of a move by the steelers front office
    I'm with you dude.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Nobody is going to give up a first for Wallace; nobody wants a Diva receiver who holds out and is a one trick pony. I'd be shocked if they ever got offered a first for him, but a second is a possibility. I still say if the right offer comes a long the team would seriously consider it but right now they are digging in their heals to see if he gives in and shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Nobody is going to give up a first for Wallace; nobody wants a Diva receiver who holds out and is a one trick pony. I'd be shocked if they ever got offered a first for him, but a second is a possibility. I still say if the right offer comes a long the team would seriously consider it but right now they are digging in their heals to see if he gives in and shows up.
    I just wonder if he does show how the tension will be? I think Tomlin is over him at this point but would love to have him on the team and will not kiss his ***.

My Mood
    Bungals
    Quote Originally Posted by Root4Stlrs View Post
    Yes, I read something to the effect awhile ago that Mike Wallace had stopped by the facility and gotten the playbook.
    I think that I would send James Harrison and the Beard to his house for the play book. :-D

My Mood
    Bungals
    Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    Now Wallace is compared to a player who failed multiple drug tests????

Unreal.
    Read the post! what I am stating is the front office takes no prisoners for any distractions that may affect the team. they don't care what you have done if it's a distraction and not the Steeler way ,they will deal with you.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    I'd like for Wallace to speak personally so everyone can hear it from his lips!
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    He is not a one trick pony, he is by far the best WR on this team. The Offense is severly weakened with out Wallace on it.

Quote Originally Posted by tburg68 View Post
    He is not a one trick pony, he is by far the best WR on this team. The Offense is severly weakened with out Wallace on it.
    Agreed. It's funny how a holdout can completely change the way a player is perceived ON the field as well. Last season the talk was how Wallace was developing nicely into more that just a one trick pony. Now that he's holding out, he's always been a one trick pony who can't do anything else but run go routes.

I would refer to these links if you honestly believe that Wallace can only run go routes:

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...ciency-slants/

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...eiver-screens/

http://www.profootballfocus.com/blog...corner-routes/

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Not for nothin' but earlier in this thread (and in others) so many posters were telling us that Wallace was not very good, Brown was better, etc. Now, he is gold and is worth at least a 1st round pick? Just sayin'... ;-)

Also, if Brown is better then shouldn't the Steelers be able to get at least a first rounder for Brown if they desired? Is there ANYONE who believes another team would give us a first rounder for Brown? I doubt it.

It just seems like some people's assessment of the value for Brown and Wallace goes up and down like a yoyo depending on the argument they want to make on a given day.
    "If I could start my life all over again, I would be a professional football player, and you damn well better believe I would be a Pittsburgh Steeler." -Jack Lambert

Thread Information