Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Still Optimistic They'll Sign WR Mike Wallace Before Training Camp

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted

My Social Networks

Follow Zachintosh66 On Twitter Add Zachintosh66 on Facebook Add Zachintosh66 on Google+ Add Zachintosh66 on Linkedin Visit Zachintosh66's Youtube Channel
    What a difference 72 hours make... 3 days ago we were all "trying to be positive" about Wallace. Now its slipping away...
    - Zachintosh66 (SCM 1135)

2013 Record: 7-1. (TW 27-6 Rams) (TW 28-0 Raptors) (TW 33-12 Thunder) (TW 7-21 Seminoles) (TW 39-32 Cougars) (TW 23-15 Stealth) (TW 58-8 Force) (TW 31-28 Fury)

[ T-Wolves Web | T-Wolves FB | My Xbox Live: zachintosh66 ]

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Big T View Post
    Not you too. Come on now.
    As much as I don't want him to go (as I just bought his jersey last season) it's obvious that he's going to be a difficult player to deal with in the coming years. He's all about him right now and that's going to be very hard for the front office to put up with going forward. If they can come to an agreement soon, fine. If not, they need to let him go and figure out a way to replace him. Can't wait around forever seeing if he'll come around. We'll be screwed when the season starts. He's not important enough of a player (IMHO) to be causing this many disruptions.

My Mood
    Pimp
    He's doing the exact same thing Ward did in 2005. Steelers pulled their contract offer like they always do. No surprises here...

My Mood
    Manic
    It would hurt him more to sit out than it would hurt the steelers. even if he never signs the tender we would still own his rights next year too meaning who ever signed him owes us a 1st round pick he will have too sit out till 2014 to be afull unrestricted free agent so chances are he will sign and move on next year and i only say that because he probably was offered his best deal for the steelers before camp. I was guilty of being a whiner with a sandy vagina about this topic earlier this month but i hope this works out because we are far better with Wallace on the roster but we can win a super bowl without him

over the past two years hes 4th in yards, 5th in TDs, first in rec over 25 yards...i just cant get past the "hes not that important" line

My Mood
    Addicted
    No receiver is that important to me. I think he can be replaced. He's awesome, but he can be replaced.

teams wish you could just plug in a player of wallaces caliber and be set just like that. look at the jags, the raiders, the redskin, and niners pre-moss, the rams, the patriots post moss...they are all WR needy teams that would love to have a threat like wallace...hell the raiders took DHB 7th overall hoping hed be everything wallace turned out to be,

also lets think about the WRs that have gone early recently....AJ Green, Julio Jones, Justin Blackmon were alll top 6 picks. Teams invest a high premium into fast, TD scoring WRs. Ward was replaceable, wallace is much more unique and brings a rare dynamic to the offense

Wallace is a badass WR one that all of us (or most) have gotten sick of with this hold out BS but the truth is Train you are right it could take years to find another Wallace... So like Snoop Dogg said, PAY THE MAN!

My Mood
    Addicted
    When I see him beat a double team then I'll be more confident in saying that we need to keep him.

Do I think they'll come to an agreement for this year at least? Yes. Do I think he's worth all this trouble? No, not really. But nobody can really say if he is or not until we see how he performs in the coming season.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    over the past two years hes 4th in yards, 5th in TDs, first in rec over 25 yards...i just cant get past the "hes not that important" line
    K,

I totally see where your coming from but the Steelers "system" is bigger then any player other then QB. That's why from the beginning I never wavered in saying we could trade him and be just fine. Holmes had that same arrogance too in that he felt he was now the passing game of the Steelers.

We've been able to find and groom wide receivers well. Other then Sweed, we've done a pretty good job of that. So for a wide receiver to have an attitude with the front office about money isn't very bright in my opinion. There is nothing wrong in wanting more money but the way he's going about it is what has people miffed.

And I don't care what a certain poster in this room thinks...they took another wide receiver in the draft for a reason.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information