Page 12 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

Thread: Steelers Still Optimistic They'll Sign WR Mike Wallace Before Training Camp

Bookmark and Share
    SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    No...........Wallace is "attempting" to hold the front office hostage. But all he's doing is hurting himself. Because if he drags this on, it will eventually be behind the other wide receivers. But you knew what I meant. Stop the semantics.

And this stuff of, " We don't even know what Wallace asked for" is also hog wash. The 49ers talked to his agent. And his agent was asking for the moon (Fitzgerald money). So stop trying to make excuses for Wallace. Wallace is responsible for what his agent does. That's why he's his agent!!!

Again, there is a way of going about getting your money and Wallace has not exercised the proper course in getting his money. And Steeler management isn't fazed a bit. There is a reason they took another WR in the draft weather you want to except it or not. Finding WR;s right now for this organization is not a hard thing to do. Obviously they know how to develop them.

I don't think management is really pissed off with Wallace as of yet. But if he tries to do anything other then sign that tender in the next couple of weeks, he will see the fangs of the front office come out. And he doesn't want to see that. Ask Santonio Holmes.
    Proof of the 49ers talking to Wallace's agent please?........Its all hear say..........Ok so what the Steelers drafted Tony Clemons in the 7th rounder and that really doesn't have anything to do with Mike Wallace....If the Steelers were so concerned about replacing Wallace then I think they would have spent a draft sooner on a WR........Again I like Clemons but the guy has to make the team first.......Fred Gibson was a former 4th round pick and flopped so the Steelers don't hit on all their WR picks......

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    Proof of the 49ers talking to Wallace's agent please?........Its all hear say..........Ok so what the Steelers drafted Tony Clemons in the 7th rounder and that really doesn't have anything to do with Mike Wallace....If the Steelers were so concerned about replacing Wallace then I think they would have spent a draft sooner on a WR........Again I like Clemons but the guy has to make the team first.......Fred Gibson was a former 4th round pick and flopped so the Steelers don't hit on all their WR picks......
    It was posted on the internet, it has to be true.

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    It was posted on the internet, it has to be true.
    ok...lol but that did make me laugh.........Point is we really don't know what Wallace and his demands are unless one of us on this site has access to the contract talks going on between Wallace and the Steelers......

Wallace was also compared to Andre "Bad Moon" Rison earlier in this thread by somebody else.....Its getting crazy brother and I just don't know why people can't see or understand the Wallace situation......He isn't holding out yet....lol
    It is getting out of hand. Ive heard some of the most ridiculous statements ever this off-season, lol!

I'm going to assume that you somehow managed to block out the memories of this forum when Ben was accused of rape.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

No, while some crazy talk went around (I was a part of some of it) atleast it had SOME merit. People talk about Wallace like he got a DUI, while beating his girlfriend after leaving a chick in a night club bathroom... Smoking a joint!!!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    No, while some crazy talk went around (I was a part of some of it) atleast it had SOME merit. People talk about Wallace like he got a DUI, while beating his girlfriend after leaving a chick in a night club bathroom... Smoking a joint!!!
    well i mean he did say he could beat chad johnson in a race on twitter, THE NERVE OF HIM

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    well i mean he did say he could beat chad johnson in a race on twitter, THE NERVE OF HIM
    Lol that one put me over the edge, add to that I'm a Penn State fan... I'm at my threshold for the day!!!

My Mood
    Addicted
    We have to have something to talk about until camp.

It's all good.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    It's hearsay for you because it deflates your argument. We have the rights to Wallace so the 49ers had no reason to lie. Second, the Steelers front office is supremely confident in their player assessment. Just because a guy comes in the 7th round doesn't mean that they don't think he has the talent to make the team. If that were the case, then most of our WR's wouldn't have made this team because they are not 1st round picks.

We can all name dozens of late round picks that haven't made it. But very few teams can name late round WR picks that have made it as much as the Steelers.

Wallace is not worth 12 mil. He is not Larry Fitzgerald. He is not even in Fitzgerald zip code! He is worth 5-7 mil and I'm sure he'll get that. I just hope he's happy with whatever the management deems fair. Or there will be a new chapter added to this saga. And it's a chapter that Wallace won't win.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

Thread Information