Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tomlin and Pittsburgh Culture

Bookmark and Share
    Draft Pick
    I have this troublesome feeling that Tomlin's days are numbered.

Quote Originally Posted by strummerfan View Post
    I have this troublesome feeling that Tomlin's days are numbered.
    Do you care to elaborate!?!? We're talking about a coach who is already mentioned in the same circles as the best coaches in the league. While he has had stability on the defensive side of the ball, he has built the offense and offensive coaching staff well and pulled the ST's out of the gutter Cowher left it in! I think Tomlin's contract is entirely up to him and what he wants for his family. When he reaches a decision on how long he wants to be under contract the price shouldnt be a big battle. He has earned the right to be a top 5 paid head coach!

Quote Originally Posted by steelcitysfinestXL View Post
    Do you care to elaborate!?!? We're talking about a coach who is already mentioned in the same circles as the best coaches in the league. While he has had stability on the defensive side of the ball, he has built the offense and offensive coaching staff well and pulled the ST's out of the gutter Cowher left it in! I think Tomlin's contract is entirely up to him and what he wants for his family. When he reaches a decision on how long he wants to be under contract the price shouldnt be a big battle. He has earned the right to be a top 5 paid head coach!
    I think he mixed the Penguins up with the Steelers.

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    Actually Noll was building a decent team before he retired. He left Cowher on Defense with Rod Woodson, Greg Liyod, Carnell Lake, and a few other serviceable players. Offense he left him Neil O'donnell, Bary Foster, Eric Green , Dermontti Dawson and a pretty decent OL. I kinda felt bad for Noll suffering through the dark 80's years and then retire when he was finally building a good team. As for the 80's sure losing the 70's legend players was big but so was the awful drafts they had.
    That's a very good point that is seldom brought up. Cowher did inherit a very nice foundation of a team. As great as Noll was I believe his biggest mistake was thinking that small lineman were the way to go. It worked in the 70's but the league changed in the 80's and it took him a while to figure it out.

While yes Tomlin was smart keeping Lebeau, Cowher was also very smart in keeping Dick Hoak. We have been blessed with 3 very good coaches who's success has a lot to do with the great front office they have worked with. Tomlin has done a very good job and I agree it's his until he decides to move on.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Quote Originally Posted by BubbyBlister View Post
    I think he mixed the Penguins up with the Steelers.
    LOL, i dont think "Disco" Dan is in any trouble either. Though out of Hurdle, Tomlin and Balsma he may be the one on the shortest leash!

Thread Information