Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Flacco among most overrated players in the AFC

Bookmark and Share
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    In all honesty, Flacco put the ball in the receivers hands at the end of the game against N.E. He dropped it. Flacco had them in the Super Bowl, if the receiver hangs on. Make no mistake, I hate Flacco, but "just sayin".
    True! I don't think the Ravens would have gotten that far though if Schaub hadn't got hurt for the Texans. Last year was a weak AFC playoff class and they came up short.

Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    I agree with this. Look at the hits they took in free agency. They got stripped down. I just don't see that defense being that good (especially with Ed Reed having retirement in his mind all the time) and if the Ravens are behind, they don't have a come from behind offense per say.

And..the Bengals are a better ballclub also too.
    I been saying it and last year was there chance and I see there window of opportunity closing. No way they beat Pitt both games this year plus the Bengals are improved and the Ravens lost a key member on defense already to injury. The big factor is Falco and company blow to many games to below or just average teams. Also think the got a lot of help from the refs last year too.
    Last edited by BubbyBlister; 07-05-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    If that Texan O-line can still hold up, the league better watch out. I have much respect for what their trying to do in Houston.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    In all honesty, Flacco put the ball in the receivers hands at the end of the game against N.E. He dropped it. Flacco had them in the Super Bowl, if the receiver hangs on. Make no mistake, I hate Flacco, but "just sayin".
    I here you to me it was a td he caught it and took a step then the ball was knocked out .I hate flacco too and anything raven/browns

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    **** Joe Flaccid.....lol I'm hoping Woodley and Harrison put a major hurt on him this season.....

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    **** Joe Flaccid.....lol I'm hoping Woodley and Harrison put a major hurt on him this season.....
    my thoughts exactly, **** the bounty rules, who gives a **** about them anyway.

put that fag in his place and show him why he's not even the best quarterback in the division.

Rookie Free Agent
    Flacco's problem is...... he's an idiot. Seriously, he just isn't that smart. He talks slow and lacks any semblance of charisma. Duffuss comes to mind when I see him.

My Mood
    Asleep
    As much as we hate the guy he did bust our tails twice last season.

Flacco has had 2 major issues in his career so far the way I see it. They have lacked playmakers at the wideout position. The QB is ultimately only as good as his wideouts allow him to be. Recently, however, that changed. So now that is not an excuse anymore. Instead, the biggest knock on him, aside from being a Raven, is that he choke when the pressure gets too heavy. As much as it pains me to say it, Flacco played an above average season last year. Sure, he was not on the same level as some of the great, but certainly better than a lot of starting QBs in the league today. However, he fails to bring his team to the SB. And he has no one to blame but himself. The Ravens have had as talented a defense as they come in this league. They have had a decent o-line and a really good RB team.

If Flacco don't want to keep hearing this about himself he needs to take the Ravens to a Superbowl and probably win it. And he needs to do it fairly quickly as well.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Cool
    Quote Originally Posted by Speeed View Post
    He just might. I have always contended that the Ravens do not build their team around a QB. As a team, they play very well and coalesce like no other team in the league. Yes, even better than our Steelers I would argue. As a result, they can have just about any QB in there and the results will be the same. Sure, that QB may have a bad game or two, and some spectacular showings, but in the end, the team "unit" will win most games. Their season is dictated by the team, not the performance of their QB. Now, if they had a real stinker, or a Joe Montana, that would change, but the majority of the QB's are average and close skill/talent wise.

The Steelers, on the other hand, seem to require the QB to lead them to victory, especially of late with Ben. Imagine if he had Marty Mediocre throwing the ball in recent years? I shudder at the thought. If Baltimore gets a serious QB it could get ugly for the Steelers. In the meantime, when we play Baltimore, we need to knock them off their overall game plan.

For the most part, I agree with you on the part about the Ravens not building around a quarterback. But, they're going to have to begin to do so soon, with Ed Reed contemplating retirement year after year, and Ray Lewis aging (albeit gracefully) the window of opportunity for building around those two is about to slam shut if it hasn't already. The Ravens will need to begin to assess the situation at hand, realize that nothing gold can stay (Outsiders ftw) and look to build around their offensive playmakers.

Thread Information