Thread: Pirates 8 Games Above .500

Threaded View

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad

Pirates 8 Games Above .500

Yes the Pittsburgh Pirates are 44-36 and are tied for first place in the NL Central.......The Pirates pitching staff led by the resurgence of A.J. Burnett and James McDonald blossoming into a top of the rotation starter have carried the Bucs, for the first part of the season....The Pirates bullpen also has been one of the best in MLB all season......

The Pirates offense was awful for the first two months of the season and really Andrew McCutchen, carried the entire lineup on his back those first two months......But in June the Bucco bats came alive and the Pirates offense was among the MLB leaders in all offensive categories.....Pirates 1B/OF Garrett Jones has been on a tear recently........I still get frustrated with Pedro Alvarez, at times but his fielding has greatly improved and Pedro has come up with some clutch two out base hits this season.......Pedro has rose his BA 30+ points in recent weeks.......Some of the other vets on the club are showing life and recent addition of FA journeymen Drew Sutton has given a boost to the lineup......Sutton had a walk off HR to win the game last night in the bottom of the 9th.....

I still would like to see the Pirates make a few moves before the deadline since I do think this team is going to compete all season.......The 19 straight losing seasons will end this year.......BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Andrew McCutchen NL MVP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by Black@Gold Forever32; 07-05-2012 at 11:37 PM.

Thread Information