Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pirates 8 Games Above .500

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    48-37 at the break all I can say is wow. Hopefully we can make a deal and get another OF I believe Tabata has seen his days in the outfield. We could also use another starter Bedard is struggling.
    I wanted the Pirates to get another bat but I do think another starter is a bigger need......Bedard has been a bum lately and Correia can be inconsistent as well.......McDonald and Burnett has been awesome.....I like what I have seen from Karstens in his last couple starts......

As for adding another OF, I don't know.......They have Starling Marte who is damn near ready at Triple A.......Sometimes those mid-season rookie call ups really give a team a boost......

I do think the Pirates will add some pieces so it should be interesting....This team will not collapse like last year.....I don't know if they make the play-offs but I do think they will remain in the race......

The two game skid vs the Cubbies this week had me on edge a little, but they came back strong today to keep from being swept. It's post all-star break and I keep waiting for them to crash and burn..... but at the same time I'm keeping the faith.
    Let's go Bucs!!

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    The two game skid vs the Cubbies this week had me on edge a little, but they came back strong today to keep from being swept. It's post all-star break and I keep waiting for them to crash and burn..... but at the same time I'm keeping the faith.
    Let's go Bucs!!
    They're not going to crash and burn this year.......You have to remember there is a ton of games in baseball...They're going to drop some games from time to time....The Pirates traded for Wandy Rodriguez..........Burnett, McDonald, Karstens, and Rodriguez give the Bucs four damn good starting pitchers....Factor in Correia and Bedard and they have to ability to go six deep in their starting rotation giving some rest to a starter who might need it.....Plus the Bucs are looking to add a bat......This team is for real....The Reds keep winning though and they're going to be tough....But there is a big series in Cincy coming up soon.....BELIEVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Black@Gold Forever32 View Post
    They're not going to crash and burn this year.......You have to remember there is a ton of games in baseball...
    I know.... but you have to remember.... it's been way too many years since I've been able to be this excited about baseball this late in the season.

"Here's an idea! Don't worry about sports and run the ****ing country!!!" - PsychoWard to Obama

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by lloydfan4life View Post
    I know.... but you have to remember.... it's been way too many years since I've been able to be this excited about baseball this late in the season.
    I was 13 the last time the Bucs had a winning season and made the post season......I'm 33 now and still haunted by Sid Bream sliding in safe at home in game 7 of the 92 NLCS.....lol Francisco Cabrera can rot in hell or better yet Stan Belinda can for giving up that hit to that bum....lol

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    I still can't believe Sid Bream scored on that hit. I always thought Sid was one of the slowest men in baseball.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Dee Mca View Post
    I still can't believe Sid Bream scored on that hit. I always thought Sid was one of the slowest men in baseball.
    Bonds never had the strongest of throwing arms....was the weakest part of his game......

My Mood
    Yeehaw
    If Bonds would have thrown the ball to the plate and not up the first base line Spanky would have been able to make the tag.
    DJ Crimefighter @ Insaneradio.us

Thread Information