Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Will the real Lawrence Timmons please stand up?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    spence demote timmons in what world? thats so dumb to say its never going to happen..spences only shot to play is to play next to timmons and probably not this year at all. you have strange thoughts on linebackers
    I never said it would happen this year.

so read my posts again, spence will be a better linebacker than lawrence timmons.

14 sacks for Timmo...

counting on it

Quote Originally Posted by steeldawgswag View Post
    ROFL, come on man.

Timmons didn't have a great year, and now he's running his mouth saying he's going to get 14 sacks.

Another down year if we put that as the benchmark.

Hopefully Spence can demote Timmons and put him in his place.
    Running his mouth saying he's going to get 14 sacks? Dude said he's aiming for 12-14. What's wrong with that? What's wrong with having a goal? How is that "running his mouth saying he's going to have 14 sacks?" Anyway, 14 sacks for a MLB in a 3-4 is unbelievable. Even Patrick Willis only has a career high of 6 in one season. On that note, Timmons has a 7 sack season under his belt. And don't try to twist ****, I'm not saying Timmons is Willis... But he does have the potential to be up there. Bashing Timmons for being optimistic and having a goal is idiotic.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He shouldn't be setting goals after such a disappointing season.

I've lost faith in him, we will see what happens.

My Mood
    Addicted
    He shouldn't be setting goals after such a disappointing season.

I've lost faith in him, we will see what happens.
    Dude, check the LB injury situation last year. How many combos did Timmons play with? How many positions did he play? You can't be serious, maybe you are trying to stir the board up a bit.

Rookie Free Agent Njsteelersnut's Avatar
    My Mood
    Manic
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Dude, check the LB injury situation last year. How many combos did Timmons play with? How many positions did he play? You can't be serious, maybe you are trying to stir the board up a bit.
    Chuck maybe he is trying to Supe the board up a bit.LOL
    There is no hunting like the hunting of man, and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never care for anything else thereafter.

so read my posts again, spence will be a better linebacker than lawrence timmons
    Will.Not.Happen.EVER.

I expect Spence to contribute on ST, and get some playing time here and there as well, but IMO he'll never be a better professional starting MLB than Timmons.

I wouldn't argue that he'll even start next to Timmons in the next few years, but he will not be better than Timmons.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

My Mood
    Pimp
    Hopefully Spence can demote Timmons and put him in his place.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by SnakeEyes43 View Post
    Will.Not.Happen.EVER.

I expect Spence to contribute on ST, and get some playing time here and there as well, but IMO he'll never be a better professional starting MLB than Timmons.

I wouldn't argue that he'll even start next to Timmons in the next few years, but he will not be better than Timmons.
    with the way he played last year it's very likely.

and don't make the excuse that he was out of position, other injured players blah blah.

top positional players play great with or without a supporting cast.

This is what's wrong with Pittsburgh sport fans and their "6" trophies, you think every year super bowl, every year should of been super bowl, think every player is best or at least amazing that starts with the exception of william gay and rashard mendenhall.#

-------- you guys do know spence average far more tackles than Timmons in college and almost just as many sacks... spence easily had the better college career, so why can't he become a better pro (which he will) or have the presumption to be.
    Last edited by scudmissile29; 06-29-2012 at 04:17 AM.

My Mood
    Impatient
    with the way he played last year it's very likely.

and don't make the excuse that he was out of position, other injured players blah blah.

top positional players play great with or without a supporting cast.

This is what's wrong with Pittsburgh sport fans and their "6" trophies, you think every year super bowl, every year should of been super bowl, think every player is best or at least amazing that starts with the exception of william gay and rashard mendenhall.#

-------- you guys do know spence average far more tackles than Timmons in college and almost just as many sacks... spence easily had the better college career, so why can't he become a better pro (which he will) or have the presumption to be.
    We are not doubting Spence, we just think you are undervaluing Timmons. He is a ILB now and had to play 3 of the 4 LB positions last year. Would you say Big Ben is done if he had to play WR because of injuries in 4 games and did not throw for 4,000 yards? Basically, its the same thing, just the opposite side of the ball.

Ummm, well it's kinda something you should consider when looking at a players stats...

Ironic that you were the first to bring up the Super Bowls then, no? And we don't think every player is amazing, but you are just seriously under-evaluating Lawrence Timmons. It's not a conspiracy against you...just no one agrees with you on this topic.
    Bleeding Black and Gold since 86'

Thread Information