Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How will that playoff loss affect Ike Taylor this season

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question How will that playoff loss affect Ike Taylor this season

Ike Taylor did a recent interview where he talked about how that loss in Denver last season still haunts him. He's called it his worst game ever.

Does that game stick in his head this season and become a motivational tactic or distraction?

DB's have to have short memories, just like QB's do and WR's and Taylor has been around long enough that he should be able to overcome even a bad game like that. The defensive gameplan that day was just flat out bad so if anything the defense as a whole should be able to use that as motivation...as if they needed anymore.

My Mood
    Clowns
    Ike is a vet, he knows how to handle himself. If he wants to use that game as motivation for this season then why not, go for it! I can remember back when he was drafted and Cowher started turning him into a CB, he would make a bad play, get burnt and it would get into his head for the rest of the game.

I suspect Ike will return this year with another great season and I'm sure he'll have an extra hop in his step when he plays against Denver.

he has really grown out of being a headcase after getting burnt, it used to be an issue with him and he would blow coverages.

i say he plays lights out again this year, he was brilliant last year. swaggin shouldnt be effected

My Mood
    Addicted
    It will have no negative effect.

C-towm

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    You do not play CB in the NFL as long as he has with too long of a memory. It may motivate him in the offseason (and even the Denver game) but players who let it negatively impact them do not last.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Swag U.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Swaggin'

My Mood
    Fine
    I think it will affect him ... it has to ... it's an unforgiving league and the smack talk is never ending ...

How it affects him is going to be interesting ... Ike is a damn good CB, so my hunch is he'll turn it into a huge motivation ...

But I also foresee more QB's targeting Ike's assignment this season ... Ike is older and Keenan Lewis is likely to show early and often that he is not to be picked upon ... so therefore Ike will likely have a heavier load to bear in 2012 ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I think it will affect him ... it has to ... it's an unforgiving league and the smack talk is never ending ...

How it affects him is going to be interesting ... Ike is a damn good CB, so my hunch is he'll turn it into a huge motivation ...

But I also foresee more QB's targeting Ike's assignment this season ... Ike is older and Keenan Lewis is likely to show early and often that he is not to be picked upon ... so therefore Ike will likely have a heavier load to bear in 2012 ...
    really it was a bad game, but they couldnt have thought tebow was just gonna sling the ball around and bey bey was gonna go into beast mode after the catch. He lacked safety help.

in find "Ike is older and Keenan Lewis is likely to show early and often that he is not to be picked upon" to be a curious statement. Ike is still a top 10-12 corner and would be higher if he had picks but he played lights out last year. His stats were actually unreal, he has shown no signs of decline, hes one of the hardest offseason training players the steelers have, hes a ridiculous athlete, and keenan lewis has only shown the ability to quickly wind up in tomlins dog house. I think lewis may be the 4th best CB on the team by years end, and while hes a lock to make the team this year i would say hes expendable by next season unless he absolutely locks down the #2 CB spot

Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    Swaggin'
    Suck'n! I hope he get's it out of his mind but honestly I've never been impressed with Ike. Last year he was very good, but we shall see I guess!

Thread Information