Thread: Michalek traded back to the Coyotes

My Mood
    Addicted

Michalek traded back to the Coyotes

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/hocke...ade/55770592/1

The Phoenix Coyotes regained a player they never wanted to lose when they acquired defenseman Zbynek Michalek from the Pittsburgh Penguins for prospect Harrison Roupp, goalie Marc Chevrie and a third-round pick (81st overall) in this year's draft.

Michalek had bolted the Coyotes two summers ago to sign with Pittsburgh but never seemed to fit in well with the offensive-minded Penguins.
    "We know who he is," Coyotes general manager Don Maloney said. "With the way we play, we need that matchup guy who can play against the best players."

He is projected to play alongside Oliver Ekman-Larsson, who is a rising star in Phoenix. Michalek was thriving under Coyotes coach Dave Tippett when he accepted a five-year, $20 million deal with the Penguins.
    "We did everything in our power to keep him," Maloney said.
    The Penguins, who also traded center Jordan Staal ($4 million cap hit) on Friday night, have a surplus of defensemen and have also removed Michalek's $4 million cap hit. The Coyotes have seven veteran defensemen under contract, plus Chris Summers as a restricted free agent. Adrian Aucoin and Michal Rozsival are unrestricted free agents.
    There were rumors that the Coyotes might move Keith Yandle, but Maloney said he wasn't interested in moving the All-Star defenseman.
    Penguins are gonna start making some huge move soon with over $15 million in cap space. Gonna have some awesome talent coming in.

My Mood
    Addicted
    would be nice if they could lend about $10 mil to the steelers to help w/ our cap issues

I'm betting all D... We'll see, should be fun! Or maybe Nash???
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Suter or Parise

Quote Originally Posted by Prosdo View Post
    Parise
    Would be $$$
    "Happy Happy Happy"

My Mood
    Addicted
    Parise would be ****ing sick.

I'm all for Parise over Suter. Parise on Sids wing would be like nothing we have seen since Lemieux, Jagr, and Kevin Stevens played together. I think there's a good chance we get him. We have the cap room, apparently they are good buddies, and who wouldn't want to play on his line?

Suter is awesome too but we have a lot of young D guys who should be ready to play. Deprese is the real deal and is ready to play everyday.

Now is it possible to get Parise and Suter? I doubt it but that would be sweet.
    "When you judge another, you do not define them, you define yourself."
    -Wayne Dyer

Thread Information