Thread: Steelers Projected 2012 Roster

Bookmark and Share

Steelers Projected 2012 Roster

Projected 2012 Steelers Roster

QB (3) Ben Roethlisberger, Byron Leftwich, Charlie Batch:
    Ben is the starter barring injury: so the questions is who should be #2. BL is 5 year younger the CB, but this should be Batch last year, but we have been saying that for the last three years. And he has played well when he has been in there. So my choice is Charlie Batch. I just hope BL make it out of preseason healthy.

Outside of injury Troy Smith and Jerrod Johnson have NO HOPE.

RB (5/6) Isaac Redman, Baron Batch, Jonathan Dwyer, Chris Rainey David Johnson (FB) and Rashard Mendenhall.
    Because of RM most likely starting the season on the PUP list Redman will win the job out of camp, with Dwyer getting the chance to be the primary backup. With Moore signing with the Colts, that means Batch or Rainey will get to battle for the 3r down back. With BB willingness to block and CR history is not will to block: I give the job to Batch; Rainey will help on special teams IF he get a hat this season at all.
    Before I say that this will be RM last year with the Steelers, I would like to see what he could do with a better OL in front of him. Please remember that when Redman blows up in the first half of this season.

Outside of injury John Clay and Will Johnson will not make the team: but of the two Johnson has the better chance, but he is the only pure FB.

WR (5) Mike Wallace, Antonio Brown, Emmanuel Sanders, Jerricho Cotchey and Toney Clemons:
    Once MW sign his tender or long term contract 4 of the 5 positions are locks barring injury. That leaves IMO three dogs with one bone: Toney Clemons, Marquis Maze and Jimmy Young: I believe that choice will come down to Clemons vs Maze. This could be a special team vs long term WR issue. If MW signs a long term deal, a special team player man be more valuable, if is the Steelers feel they will lose Wallace next year, Clemons may be in the long term plans.

Cuts: Tyler Builer, Connor Dixon, David Gilreath, Juamorris Stewart, Derrick Williamd, Marquis Maze (PS), and Jimmy Young

TE (3) Heath Miller, Leonard Pope and Weslye Saunders
    With Haley as the OC Miller may finally get the national recognition we feels he deserves. Pope will be the TE that stays in a block and Saunders at this point will be serving a 4 game suspension. If the need another TE during the first four games David Johnson will be able to fill that role.

Cuts: Jamie McCoy, David Paulson (PS)

OL (9/10) Maurkice Pouncey, David DeCastro, Marcus Gilbert, Mike Adams, Willie Colon, Doug Legursky, Ramon Foster, Trai Essex, Jonathan Scott and Kelvin Beachum.
    The starter are locks Adams, Colon, Pouncey, DeCastro and Gilbert, but the backups have positions flexibility. DL can play bother guards and the centers positions. RF can play both guards and right tackle positions. TE and play any of the five OL positions with means IMO they are locks to make the team. That mean it could come down to JS and KB if one or both makes the team.

Cuts: Ryan Lee (PS) John Malecki (PS), Chris Scott and Trevis Turner

DL (6) Brett Keisel, Steve McLendon, Ziggy Hood, Cameron Haywood, Alameda Ta'amu and Corbin Bryant
    For a DL that last year was consider old: youth is served. Hampton will start the season on the PUP list so the young buck will get a chance to show what they can do. Al Wood may have a outside chance to break through this year, but I liked what I say of Bryant last preseason. If Hampton comes back mid season, Bryant will be deactived and McLendon will see time at NT and DE.

Cuts: Kade Weston, Mike Blanc, Ike Igbinosun (PS) Jake Stoller and Al Wood

LB (8/9) James Harrison, Larry Foote, Lawrence Timmons, LaMarry Woodley, Jason Worilds Brandon Johnson, Sean Spence, Chris Carter and Stevenson Sylvester
    The Starters are set with Harrison, Foote, Timmons and Woodley: But Worilds did not jump out to me last year. OLB's are pass rushers in the 3-4, and he didn't make may big plays last year. A lot of people think Carter or Sylvester are on the bubble with the signing the Johnson but I would watch to see if JW makes the team this year. Johnson is listed as a OLB not a ILB.

Cuts: Brandon Hicks, Mortty Ivy, Brandon Lindsey (PS) Marshall McFadden and Adrian Roberson (PS)

DB (10) Ike Taylor, Keenan Lewis, Cortez Allen, Curtis Brown, Troy Polamalu, Ryan Clark, Ryan Mundy, Myron Rolle, Damon Cromartie-Smith and Terrence Frederick.
    Three of the four starters are set, but there will be a battle for the "other" corner between Lewis, Allen and Brown. Whoever looses this battle will still play a lot, but I am picking Allen as the winner. TP and RC are the starters at safety, but Rolle, Cromartie-Smith and Frederick will battle it out to see who get a hat on Sundays. When the Steelers though they would lose Clark three years ago Will Allen seems like a good signing, but he is nothing more than a special team player so I say go younger.

Cuts: Terry Carter, Walter McFadden, Will Allen, Robert Golden

Special Teams (3)

LS-Greg Warren, (P) Jeremy Kapinos and (K) Shaun Suisham
    I know the Steelers signed Drew Butler as a UDFA, but JK has does well for the Steelers that last two years, I don't see any reason to change that. SS is not Jeff Reed in his prime, but he is better that JR his last years here. Grant Ressel was signed, but I don't know how this one is going to shack out.

Cuts: Drew Bulter and Grant Ressel

My Mood
    Manic
    Ressel is already gone and Butler is better than you think

My Mood
    Manic
    WR: Wallace Sanders Brown Cotchery Clemons

OL: Adams Colon Pouncey DeCastro Gilbert
    Essex Legursky Scott Foster

QB Roethlisberger Batch Leftwich

RB Redman Dwyer Batch Clay/Mendenhall(Clay until he comes off pup)D Johnson

TE Miller Saunders Pope

KR/LS Warren Rainey

DL Hood Kiesel Heyward Ta'amu Hampton McLendon Woods

OLB Harrison Worilds Woodley Carter

ILB Sylvester Timmons Foote Spence

CB Taylor Brown Allen Lewis

S Polamalu Clark Mundy Rolle Cromartie-Smith

K/P Butler Suisam

------------------------------------------Practice Squad-----------------------------------
    TE Paulson
    OL Beachum
    CB Fredricks
    S Golden
    LB Robinson
    OL Jolly
    DE/OLB Ibinosun

I listed Rainey as a returner but he will be in on offense too i belive
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 06-23-2012 at 12:05 AM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    If Clay doesn't make the roster he'll be put back on the PS but I don't know that they'll be able to hold onto him after the flashes, although very little, last year. If someone needs a power back they could snag him.

I agree Clemons has a shot at making this team, really it's wide open between all of them. Wouldn't count out Maze just yet either.

Ike Igbinosun makes the PS if he doesn't sneak onto the 53 man roster.

I don't know that Rolle can beat out Allen. The coaches loves their veterans and there's already a bunch of young blood in the secondary as it is.

My Mood
    Manic
    I think Ike could shed 20 to 30 lb's and convert to OLB he's 6'3"288 4.9 40 Heck that's already as fast as Harrison

It's time for Cromartie-Smith to step-up .He has loads of compitition with Rolle and Golden.Golden was a 5 star recruit coming out of high school .He's also the youngest player on the team barely 21 so he needs some time but DCS is in his 2nd or 3rd year so he should be ready to spell clark or troy he has tremendous size and speed combo Al Woods a K-Train favorite should be cut in favor of Ikponmwosa Igbinosun(only 21 years old runs a 4.9 40 and has a39 inch vertical) Hell ya what a name lets hear that retard sapp pronounce that
    Last edited by connecticutsteel; 06-23-2012 at 05:31 AM.

Thread Information