Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: AFC North: Who's got the best running backs?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Question AFC North: Who's got the best running backs?

All four teams in the North have a desire to run the ball and play great defense. Even if there is a conscious effort to use the passing game more often, every team is working to increase the effectiveness of their ground attack.

So who's got the best running backs? Taking into consideration any that are injured currently. This is the offseason roster so obviously not all of these players will make the final roster. The asterisk is of course the starter or likely starter for 2012.

Steelers:
    Isaac Redman* - Starter
    Baron Batch
    John Clay
    Chris Rainey
    Jonathan Dwyer
    Rashard Mendenhall - Injured
    Will Johnson

Browns:
    Trent Richardson* - Starter
    Montario hardesty
    Chris Ogbonnaya
    Eddie Williams
    Brandon Jackson
    Brad Smelley

Bengals:
    Jourdan Brooks
    Aaron Brown
    James Develin
    BenJarvus Green-Ellis* - Starter
    Dan Herron
    Bernard Scott
    Rodney Stewart
    Brian Leonard

Ravens:
    Ray Rice* - Starter
    Anthony Allen
    Damien Berry
    Bernard Pierce
    Bobby Rainey
    Vonta Leach - FB

My Mood
    Manic
    i LIKE OUR GROUP not everyone is great and i think Rice will be tested this year because they really have a **** line in baltimore this year

i believe richardson will be the best back, followed by rice

collectively the steelers could have the best group, but right now im gonna go with the browns overall....richardson is gonna be man beast like and hardesty has been hurt but hes a good back too, brandon jackson is a pretty decent 3rd down back

bengals look ROUGH at rb, thanks for putting that in perspective lol

My Mood
    Addicted
    Rice has always scared me. Always will. Bad memories of that man..

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    i believe richardson will be the best back, followed by rice

collectively the steelers could have the best group, but right now im gonna go with the browns overall....richardson is gonna be man beast like and hardesty has been hurt but hes a good back too, brandon jackson is a pretty decent 3rd down back

bengals look ROUGH at rb, thanks for putting that in perspective lol
    I really like Richardson as well........The Browns RB's have the potential to be the best in the division........

I think every team in the division has some question marks at RB........The Ravens really don't have much behind Ray Rice....Pierce could turn out to be a good but who knows at this point.......

Mendenhall is the most talented of the Steelers RB's and its a shame he is coming off a serious knee injury since the OL is improved and there is a OC in place that would used Mendenhall to his max potential........I like Redman but I still question him being the main back week in and week out.......He never has had to carry the ball 250+ times in a season and until he does I will have some doubts......Dwyer has some talent but still don't know what think of him....Batch screams third down back to me.......Chris Rainey will be more of a weapon in the passing game......

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    How's Richardson going to do any damage when everyone including my Moma is at the line because of no fear from their passing game?
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Addicted
    As a stable of back go, the Steelers have the best and most deep group. Until Richardson plays I have to say Ray Rice is the best back of the North.

C-town

SA's #1 Pirates Fan Tetris Champion Black@Gold Forever32's Avatar
    My Mood
    Mad
    Quote Originally Posted by Real Deal Steel View Post
    How's Richardson going to do any damage when everyone including my Moma is at the line because of no fear from their passing game?
    Adrian Peterson had a nice rookie year with immortals Tarvaris Jackson and Kelly Holcomb at QB..........Richardson is Adrian Peterson lite to me.........

richardson is the best back since peterson, hes easily the most sure thing on the browns offense aside from joe thomas. complete back, total work horse

MJD had an incredible year with gabbert being awful, i think richardson puts up big numbers

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There's going to be a lot of pressure on Richardson this year with Weedon starting as a rookie. Teams are going to load up to stop the run and dare Weedon to pass on them. Any TR gets on the ground are going to be well earned not only because of a young QB but also an offense live that is constantly beat up in Cleveland.

Rice always scares me, he's so damn small and runs with a lot of power but the Steelers know what he's about it's just a matter of executing. More speed in the middle of the defense and young, strong DL should help slow him down, in theory.

The Bengals ground attack doesn't scare anybody but Dalton is talented enough to make some plays and he's got a year under his belt now.

Overall the Steelers have the best stable in terms of depth but it's also full of question marks.

Thread Information