Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: AFC North: Who's got the best running backs?

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Ratbirds
    Ravens, solely because of Rice. TR in Cleveland should be great but we know Rice is.

I had forgotten how baaaaad the Bengals RB situation was until I saw that list. That will be a huge detriment to a second year QB.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    Browns fans are stoked that Richardson is the second coming of Jim Brown. Atleast from some of the site's that I've been checking out. He's also making some enemies by comparing himself to Brown already.

Last season Peyton Hillis was a joke so this rookie is an immediate upgrade for them no matter what.

Draft Pick
    Being that our #1 has all of 2 starts to his name and the backups have even less experience we're probably at #3. There's potential, but potential doesn't always mean success.

Redman 2 starts
    Batch- Hasn't even played in a preseason game
    Dwyer- Does he even have 20 carries to his name?
    Rainey- Rookie
    Clay- Same as Dwyer

I just don't see how you can look at that objectively and say we're better than...

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Browns fans are stoked that Richardson is the second coming of Jim Brown. Atleast from some of the site's that I've been checking out. He's also making some enemies by comparing himself to Brown already.

Last season Peyton Hillis was a joke so this rookie is an immediate upgrade for them no matter what.
    jim brown, a grumpy old man said he thinks richardson is an ordinary talent for the position. richardson has said all the right things in response to jim brown just being an ***

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    jim brown, a grumpy old man said he thinks richardson is an ordinary talent for the position. richardson has said all the right things in response to jim brown just being an ***
    Brown always been a arse and should have seen how jealous he was of Franco. When Franco was about to beat his total yard record and challenged Franco to a race. Franco was past his prime then but blew Brown away in the race and think it aired on one of the major networks and maybe ABC. Was funny stuff to watch after Brown ran his mouth and had to eat crow. If you can find it on You Tube it's worth a watch.
    Last edited by BubbyBlister; 06-22-2012 at 05:21 PM.

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    The NFL thinks Jim Brown is some kind of god and the Browns fans worship him as such. He's always been an *** who thinks nobody can compare to him or the era he played in. I'm so tired of the Jim Brown is the greatest running back ever crap, get over it already. I hate the Browns but I would love to see Richardson somehow put all that talk to rest (as long as it's not against us) LOL

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    The NFL thinks Jim Brown is some kind of god and the Browns fans worship him as such. He's always been an *** who thinks nobody can compare to him or the era he played in. I'm so tired of the Jim Brown is the greatest running back ever crap, get over it already. I hate the Browns but I would love to see Richardson somehow put all that talk to rest (as long as it's not against us) LOL
    In my book Brown isn't even in the top 10 of backs. The dude had some serious trouble as well and the Browns bought off the judges. He is a joke and a grumpy old man. I do plan to look for his race with Franco on You-tube right now.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by ChucktownSteeler View Post
    In my book Brown isn't even in the top 10 of backs. The dude had some serious trouble as well and the Browns bought off the judges. He is a joke and a grumpy old man. I do plan to look for his race with Franco on You-tube right now.
    I couldn't find it on You Tube. It would be nice if someone could post it.

My Mood
    Ratbirds
    I agree with the assessment of Brown's personality (an umitigated jerk) but the thought that he is not one of the best 2-3 backs of all-time (if not best) seems absurd. He had more than 12,000 yards in 9 seasons (5 14 game seasons and 4 12 game seasons) and rushed for more than 5 yard per carry over his career. Also mostly forgotten is that he was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.

My Mood
    Addicted
    Quote Originally Posted by TarlsQtr View Post
    I agree with the assessment of Brown's personality (an umitigated jerk) but the thought that he is not one of the best 2-3 backs of all-time (if not best) seems absurd. He had more than 12,000 yards in 9 seasons (5 14 game seasons and 4 12 game seasons) and rushed for more than 5 yard per carry over his career. Also mostly forgotten is that he was a pretty good receiver out of the backfield.
    Was the defense as stout and a s fast as now? Brown was/ is a jerk.

Thread Information