Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mewelde joins BA in Indianapolis

Bookmark and Share

Hybrid View

My Mood
    Curmudgeon

Exclamation Mewelde joins BA in Indianapolis

Nothing but respect for Memo and what he's done in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers backfield was too full to justify bringing him back. The tight salary cap doesn't help either, but he's found a new job with the Colts.

Say what you want about Arians but he knows that Andrew Luck is going to have growing pains and a veteran like Moore is excellent in blitz pickup and protection calls so he'll do well I'm sure.

From NFL.com

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay announced a minor roster move on Tuesday, reporting that the team had signed veteran running back Mewelde Moore and placed rookie quarterback David Legree on waivers.The 29-year-old Moore was a 2004 fourth-round pick out of Tulane by theMinnesota Vikings. In 113 career games, the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Moore has rushed for 2,247 yards and six touchdowns with 214 receptions for 1,875 yards and seven touchdowns as a receiver out of the backfield. Moore has primarily worked as a third-down back over the last six seasons, including the four with the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he played for Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
    In four seasons in Arians' offense, Moore ran for 962 yards with five touchdowns and caught 98 passes for 782 yards and four touchdowns.

hes probably their best RB now lol

Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    hes probably their best RB now lol
    Maybe not the best but not much of a talent gap.

Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post
    Nothing but respect for Memo and what he's done in Pittsburgh, but the Steelers backfield was too full to justify bringing him back. The tight salary cap doesn't help either, but he's found a new job with the Colts.

Say what you want about Arians but he knows that Andrew Luck is going to have growing pains and a veteran like Moore is excellent in blitz pickup and protection calls so he'll do well I'm sure.

From NFL.com

Indianapolis Colts owner Jim Irsay announced a minor roster move on Tuesday, reporting that the team had signed veteran running back Mewelde Moore and placed rookie quarterback David Legree on waivers.The 29-year-old Moore was a 2004 fourth-round pick out of Tulane by theMinnesota Vikings. In 113 career games, the 5-foot-11, 210-pound Moore has rushed for 2,247 yards and six touchdowns with 214 receptions for 1,875 yards and seven touchdowns as a receiver out of the backfield. Moore has primarily worked as a third-down back over the last six seasons, including the four with the Pittsburgh Steelers, where he played for Colts offensive coordinator Bruce Arians.
    In four seasons in Arians' offense, Moore ran for 962 yards with five touchdowns and caught 98 passes for 782 yards and four touchdowns.
    We are pretty loaded at rb and I expect Batch to take Moore's role and seems just like that type of back only younger and faster version of Moore. Moore did a great job for us and glad Arians realize he could be need in Indy.

My Mood
    Manic
    not even close Donald Brown is a good back in a passing system

Quote Originally Posted by connecticutsteel View Post
    not even close Donald Brown is a good back in a passing system
    he was supposed to be a good back in a passing system more than he actually is....to say not even close is wrong. Moore and catch, he can kinda block, and run between the tackles. hes not a world beater but hes gonna be good for andrew luck to have around

I'm grateful for his contributions in Pittsburgh over the last few seasons... Having said that, I'm so happy that I won't be seeing his slow, old *** on the field in a Steelers uni anymore.

3rd down and Goal... MM up the middle... The colts win...

My Mood
    Addicted
    Wah I loved MeMo

I clearly have a sore spot for 2nd/3rd string running backs..

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    He wasn't going to come back anyway, but if he was around and injuries hit this group like last year I wouldn't have been surprised if they called him back. He knows the offense Arians wants to run so I suspect he'll be giving Luck pointers in the huddle about what protection to call..lol

Thread Information