Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles

Bookmark and Share
    My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    I think we'll all be watching BA's career in Indy, whether it's because we hate him and we want him to fail or because he's a former Steeler and therefore we'll pull for him to excel.

I'm just waiting for the first time Haley actually calls a bubble screen, everyone is going to go ape ****!

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by BlitzburghRockCity View Post

I'm just waiting for the first time Haley actually calls a bubble screen, everyone is going to go ape ****!

No doubt ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    I'm anxious to see. I'm actually pulling for BA. He's not a bad person.

Steelers fans have an extraordinary ability to demand the best ... almost a selfish entitlement ...

Well, BA's Super Bowl Ring came with Spaeth, Davis, McHugh and Davenport holding positions on his offense ... talk about getting the most with the least ... BA sure did!
    you act like they played huge roles, spaeth was a good blocker back then and regressed after...he never had anything to do with the passing game, and davenport was a good back but was not on the roster in 2005 or 2008, davenport actually played very well for us i always liked him but he wasnt on any of the superbowl rosters. so there goes that

Rookie Free Agent
    I think Ben is a baller, but I obviously don't think he's the brightest crayon in the box. I mean, he just isn't the smartest guy. I love Ben, he's an awesome QB, but I think he's going to have some growing pains wrapping his head around the offense.

With that said, I expect year two to be a much smoother looking offense. However, I am excited to see what we do with it this year.

Quote Originally Posted by FeelSteel View Post
    I think Ben is a baller, but I obviously don't think he's the brightest crayon in the box. I mean, he just isn't the smartest guy. I love Ben, he's an awesome QB, but I think he's going to have some growing pains wrapping his head around the offense.

With that said, I expect year two to be a much smoother looking offense. However, I am excited to see what we do with it this year.
    they arent asking him to do calculus, playing football is the one thing he should be able to wrap his head around, hes only been doing it his whole life. i am not worried about his transition really

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    you act like they played huge roles, spaeth was a good blocker back then and regressed after...he never had anything to do with the passing game, and davenport was a good back but was not on the roster in 2005 or 2008, davenport actually played very well for us i always liked him but he wasnt on any of the superbowl rosters. so there goes that
    Let me offer my first heavy dose of STFU to you K Train ... "you act like" ... Well YOU act like a C-nut!

All I was suggesting is that Davenport, Spaeth, McHugh and Davis were on the roster ... they collectively played a role ... a team is only as strong as it's depth ...

Davenport played 4 games in 2008 ...

Spaeth was drafted because of his receiving skills ... not because of his blocking skills ... He was never a good blocker ...

Now STFU already!
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

Let me offer my first heavy dose of STFU to you K Train ... "you act like" ... Well YOU act like a C-nut!

All I was suggesting is that Davenport, Spaeth, McHugh and Davis were on the roster ... they collectively played a role ... a team is only as strong as it's depth ...

Spaeth was drafted because of his receiving skills ... not because of his blocking skills ... He was never a good blocker ...

Now STFU already!
    yeah 4 games, not the superbowl. and spaeth was drafted because hes was a giant, at 6-7 he was a good prospect to work with his hands were always abysmal. He came out his rookie year and was a tremendous blocker, it was like having an extra tackle the way he played most of the time. He regressed hard as a blocker though and became expendable because he was such a terrible receiving TE.

they won the superbowl in 08 in spite of arians, not because of him. calm down, i didnt mean to make you e-cry

Now STFU already!

Oh boy another internet tough guy! Thicken up man! BA fn sucked *** and had NO clue! If it wasn't for Ben running around for his life extending BA's ****** play selection this team would of been dead in the water years ago!
    "Happy Happy Happy"

Assistant Coach Real Deal Steel's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    they play 4 pretty tough defenses in the first 5 weeks, none of them are exactly world beating defenses though.

I dont expect them to come out firing on all cylinders from day one, that would be nice but that almost never happens. If they win close games the first 3 weeks i would expect the offense to be hitting its stride after the bye week (regardless of the record, hopefully they dont struggle in the first few weeks but they certainly could)

This is how I pretty much see it. I"d love for the offense to be hitting on all cylinders from game one but that is being unrealistic.
    The Steeler way...is the only way.

My Mood
    Mellow
    Q: So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles:

A: if were 4 games in and scoring 20 points a game i'll be a bit disappointed but will show patience for a new system with some new players. besides it wouldn't be worse than what we had. if were 5 seasons in and still scoring 20 points a game then i'll be calling for his head like i did for BA's.
    "Today, I'm officially retiring a Pittsburgh Steeler. And as much as I will miss football, my teammates, coaches and everything about the game, I don't want to play it in any other uniform. The black and gold runs deep in me, and I will remain a Steeler for life."--Hines Ward

Thread Information