Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles

Bookmark and Share
    2nd String

So Addicts, What Do We Say About Haley If The Offense Struggles

What is the actual expectation of Haley and the offense? What if the Steelers lose the first few games? What if the loses are high scoring games in the 30's, but the D gives it away? Or we if get blown out? Or if we lose low scoring games? There has been so much anticipation among us, myself included, that it got me thinking about this. Do we give him and the offense a year to acclimate? Or do we storm the castle ala' the peasants in Frankenstein?

I think a monkey could at least lead this offense to a .500 season, and Haley seems exponentially smarter. We do have a more demanding schedule this year, so maybe that is a consideration? My instinct says the offense will do well, especially if they can stay at %100. Regardless of how it turns out in the end, I think this will be one of the most interesting seasons we have had in a long time, there is much going on: a strong draft, new talent, new OC, Mendy being out, contract soap operas, etc., a unique year. I am hoping for the best. Any thoughts?

Lets see we lost 35-7 last year...... So the defense sucked and the offense sucked??

they play 4 pretty tough defenses in the first 5 weeks, none of them are exactly world beating defenses though.

I dont expect them to come out firing on all cylinders from day one, that would be nice but that almost never happens. If they win close games the first 3 weeks i would expect the offense to be hitting its stride after the bye week (regardless of the record, hopefully they dont struggle in the first few weeks but they certainly could)

2nd String
    Nobody can argue with that!

Quote Originally Posted by coldrolled View Post
    Lets see we lost 35-7 last year...... So the defense sucked and the offense sucked??

My Mood
    Fine
    My take ... just support the damn offense ... I got so sick and tired of all the BA hate over at McMillen & Wife ... every admin there (and he knows exactly who I am refering to) pissed and moaned about BA for the entire time he was our OC ... that was FIVE YEARS worth of pissing and moaning over the guy ...

Be a fan ... support the team ...

The OC is (ultimately) hired by the Rooney's ... they are and ought to be given their due ...

If not the Rooney's, then the OC is hired by Tomlin ... he ought to be given his due as well ...

The BA hate was so far overblown and over-the-top that it was laughable ...

Give Haley a chance ... just like it was with BA, new systems require that teams add the right pieces to the puzzle ... it can take several seasons and several drafts to get the right players in place ... in Haley's case (hopefully) the players that are here will fit the bill ...
    It's hip to T-Squared ...

2nd String
    Great points, and I agree for the most part. I personally did not despise Arians, but a change is nice. I just think his approach was getting stale.

Quote Originally Posted by The Lakelander View Post
    My take ... just support the damn offense ... I got so sick and tired of all the BA hate over at McMillen & Wife ... every admin there (and he knows exactly who I am refering to) pissed and moaned about BA for the entire time he was our OC ... that was FIVE YEARS worth of pissing and moaning over the guy ...

The OC is (ultimately) hired by the Rooney's ... they are and ought to be given their due ...

If not the Rooney's, then the OC is hired by Tomlin ... he ought to be given his due as well ...

Give Haley a chance ... just like it was with BA, new systems require that teams add the right pieces to the puzzle ... it can take several seasons and several drafts to get the right players in place ... in Haley's case (hopefully) the players that are here will fit the bill ...

"be a fan support the team"

what are you the fan police? they make questionable moves all the time, you dont have to be a blind lover of the steelers to love the steelers. I personally always want them to be better, im not sure thats the damning quality you make it out to be.

i was never really an avid BA hater, i didnt like him, i thought he was a **** poor gameplanner, and i never thought he should have gotten the job. but through his tenure here i blame tomlin for being a ***** and not firing him all the chances he had. I dont think either one of them are good offensive minds...tomlin being a defensive guy and BA really being a good positional coach (specifically QB). Gameplanning and offensive x's and o's really arent their forte. A lot of questionable calls and offensive sputtering under arians, we can at least agree on that.

Im excited about haley, i wanted him BAD when they were doing the interview process....i love what he brings to the table. If the steelers can be competive and consistantly win with poor play calling, that says a ton about their talent on offense. To hone that talent and maximize it is what i eventually expect haley to do. Id love to see him do it from day one, but we need modest expectations....i just think theres reason to be excited as well

My Mood
    Fine
    Quote Originally Posted by K Train View Post
    "be a fan support the team"

what are you the fan police? they make questionable moves all the time, you dont have to be a blind lover of the steelers to love the steelers.

My point ... STFU and be a FAN ... because in the end, that's ALL you are ...

Every team, every coach, every player has their flaws ...

Whining and crying, pissing and moaning ... ... it gets old coming from grown men ...

It's hip to T-Squared ...

My point ... STFU and be a FAN ... because in the end, that's ALL you are ...

Every team, every coach, every player has their flaws ...

Whining and crying, pissing and moaning ... ... it gets old coming from grown men ...

This is obviously a returning subject on this forum which is kind of ironic in a sense. If we are not to question some of the moves made by the team, why would you have a forum in the first place? I understand your point that constant whining gets old, but I'll guarantee that a forum where everything was awesome would get old much faster; I mean, there is only so much good which can be said about the same team.
    However much you think you know about football, rest assured that Skip Bayless knows more!

My Mood
    Curmudgeon
    There is going to be some rough spots especially early in the seas. We will have to be patient as the players adjust to the games with the new offense especially in key situations. Remember, in what we see as a missed opportunity may very be poor execution.

Haley has a proven track record of good offenses.

- From BRC's Droid Bionic of Coolness

Thread Information